Why become a member? ×

TOBIAS BASIC 5 £450 INC FREE SHIPPING IN UK!!! (Now with Photos)

bkman42

Hello, Will be posting photos of this lovely bass soon (Left my Camera at work) Due to Xmas Debt have to let this bass go :-(
Tobias Basic 5 From 1991 please note this bass has been heavely gigged and does come with the scratches and dents but really not that bad for a bass this age. As i said will post more photos soon and more info. Bass will be shipped in in padded gig bag. Tobias Basic for £450 now that is a price you don't often see ;-)

Selling at £450 due to the fact it has been gigged and the body does have scractches and dents (Hard to photo) Neck is perfect and plays like a dream. One long mark on headstock have taken a photo of this. I cannot be sure if a neck rejoin was carried out on this bass many years ago?? Neck is solid as a rock but it does look like at one point a fix was done (a good one a that) This is why i am selling at this price. Guy i bought the bass off said no fix was ever carried out on neck, so im a bit confused ;-)

Will get some more photos of the neck up soon

Number is 2291

Edited by bkman42

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bkman42' post='360326' date='Dec 21 2008, 05:03 PM']Hello, Will be posting photos of this lovely bass soon (Left my Camera at work) Due to Xmas Debt have to let this bass go :-(
Tobias Basic 5 From 1991 please note this bass has been heavely gigged and does come with the scratches and dents but really not that bad for a bass this age. As i said will post more photos soon and more info. Bass will be shipped in in padded gig bag. Tobias Basic for £600 now that is a price you don't often see ;-)

Selling at £600 due to the fact it has been gigged and the body does have scractches and dents (Hard to photo) Neck is perfect and plays like a dream. One long scratch on headstock have taken a photo of this

Number is 2291

Sorry for the delay people in posting some photos.[/quote]

Im Based in Scotland

Yeah, Good point mate. The bass dates from 91 and was a gigged bass from what i was told. There really is no way of telling if it is a neck rejoin?. The guy i bought the bass from confirmed that ;) . If it turns out it was a neck join its a bloody good one as its solid as a rock ;-) But, i really don't think it is as the split does not go over the front of the bass headstock (If that makes any sense) Think £600 is a fair price for a Tobias Basic and the small price tag reflects the condition.

Think i have made it clear if anyone wants the bass it is not in 100% perfect condition but plays great and looks Great. Hell, I would even take [color="#000000"][b]£550[/b]!! [/color]for it :-)

Thanks for looking will good more photos up soon, i promise.

robert trujillo (Metallica) seems to like Tobias basses so who am i to argue haha

[quote name='bkman42' post='380819' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:55 PM']robert trujillo (Metallica) seems to like Tobias basses so who am i to argue haha[/quote]

I'm not quite of Trujillo's standard or reputation (by far) but i have an early tobias and it's the best bass i've ever played.

Now selling at 550

[quote name='bkman42' post='360326' date='Dec 21 2008, 05:03 PM']Hello, Will be posting photos of this lovely bass soon (Left my Camera at work) Due to Xmas Debt have to let this bass go :-(
Tobias Basic 5 From 1991 please note this bass has been heavely gigged and does come with the scratches and dents but really not that bad for a bass this age. As i said will post more photos soon and more info. Bass will be shipped in in padded gig bag. Tobias Basic for £600 now that is a price you don't often see ;-)

Selling at £600 due to the fact it has been gigged and the body does have scractches and dents (Hard to photo) Neck is perfect and plays like a dream. One long scratch on headstock have taken a photo of this

Number is 2291

Sorry for the delay people in posting some photos.[/quote]