Why become a member? ×

NBD Charvel 2B

bigjimmyc

Hi all. 

It’s months since I bought the attached from a nice bloke down here. The lateness of this post does not reflect my satisfaction!

I believe it’s a Charvel 2B from around 1986, made in Japan. I did cursory research but once the instrument was in my hands I’d have bought it regardless of provenance. 

The neck is gorgeous, quite a bit slimmer than my other 4-strings, and it has great balance despite the enormous headstock. 

The body is a bit battered but I don’t care. It sounded ok at bedroom level, much better with new strings, but the output level is way down on my other instruments. Hence I’ve sourced an EMG GZR PJ set to replace the original Jackson pups. Fingers crossed. 

BF4803CF-625C-47F0-843D-912053E1BF2D.jpeg

• Like 2

On 17/08/2019 at 17:41, uk_lefty said:

Love a pointy headstock!! Let us know how the GZRs work out 

In short, the GZRs sound awesome! I don't really have the words. Amazing, grindy, heavy.

Not to sound anal, but they are way less noisy too. I think the new wiring & pots have a lot to do with that. The rat's nest I took out must've been robbing the sound too. Fitting the new wiring & pots took five minutes. Best upgrade ever!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...