Why become a member? ×

Stingray threaded height adjustment screws

daveybass

Wonder if anyone can help or assist as just tried to adjust the height of a string on my stingray and the head of the threaded hex screw is spinning but with no adjustment so presume it’s snapped off...would anyone know of where to get a replacement or would anyone have one spare?

Thanks in advance 

Dave

Strings and Things are suppliers of everything that is EB related in the UK. I don't think that you can get just the grub screws you would have to buy the complete saddles, but if you say it is stripped inside the saddle then purchasing the saddles would be the only solution. The saddles on a Stingray are not the greatest thing about the Bass, and when you want to adjust the height be careful not to go past the point were you feel any kind of resistance.

Edited by RedVee
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where your bass is made, but if it's far east, metric stainless steel grub screws are easily obtainable on Ebay. My Ibanez uses 4mm dia ones, I guess that would be fairly standard for a bass.

Obviously, if it's USA made the grub screws would be imperial.

Edited by John Cribbin

Strings and Things sent me some while my bass was under warranty. They come in a packet which suggest you can buy them separate from the saddle. 

Great company, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t help you out. 

Strings and Things Limited

Units 3 & 4, 202-210 Brighton Road,

Shoreham by Sea,

West Sussex,

BN43 6RJ

T: +44 (0) 1273 440 442

w: www.stringsandthings.co.uk

• Thanks 1