Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Fodera Monarch Classic Victor Wooten Deluxe 4c
£4950
Overijse, Belgium

libanass

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email from someone telling me this is not yet sold because it's old, so probably not in good condition, and people are looking for Foderas in perfect condition. So I now have to clarify here:

First of all; this bass is in PERFECT condition. (even though I did not mention this)

There are normal signs of aging in the finish, in case you don't know how Fodera's finish turns over time, it is not my fault. It's actually very very beautiful and always feels silky smooth..

The rest is perfect, no dents on the head, very minor signs of normal use on the body, frets are still good, everything works great, and the bass plays like a dream. But it's a Fodera, so I did not think it would be necessary to state all of this.

It is now mounted with old 40-95 D'addario Nickel strings, but the nut size on this bass is more suited for standard 45-105s, even though it works with any gauge.

Bass has never seen any shock in temperature or humidity during my ownership since 2011, and I'm still careful about how and where I stock my instruments until today, and forever.

Last but not least, this comes from the era when Fodera used to make only a few basses per year, woods selection and wait time was not the same as it is today.

I have now replaced it with an almost identical bass, a Yin Yang Deluxe, only because I like the Yin Yang logo since my childhood, but they sound and play nearly the same (many could not even tell any difference, even though I hear some differences with the ebony). Also, I paid the Yin Yang Deluxe way more than I am selling this Monarch Deluxe.

Hope that's all clear! This bass made me happy for 8 years (even though I stopped playing bass for quite a long 5 years during this period), I am sure it would make someone else as happy!

Cheers!

Elie

I always thought that a -good- instrument getting old was actually better (as long as it is properly kept, of course), not worse.

Otherwise a 1964 Jazz Bass would be junk, not a treasure (which it is).

Good luck with the sale of this bad, old, rosty, decrepit, terminated bass.

heroes-ig-metaphor-sorta-happy-48th-birthday-to-dave-bautista-12450152.png

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Haha 1

I am an anti-Vintage bass guy ;)  All my basses are modern with extremely low action, including this little beauty here

But wood HAS to be dry enough.. otherwise, the bass won't resonate and breath and it will not sound great..  Oh I have tried and heard new Standard ones with no soul at all.. This bass still resonates and shines even with old strings (listen to insta video)

And this one is in mint condition. Even tuners are almost new Fodera ones, but the bridge is still original, and gold hardware looks great but does tend to discolor much faster than black or chrome

I will include a brand new Fodera 40-95 Nickel set of strings with the sale, or put them on the bass and make soundclips if needed :) 

• ped locked this topic