Why become a member? ×

Incoming!

stewblack

That's a surprise, from Squier. Normally I'd say they're reasonable quality and at least they'd screw on the parts in the right places. I'd have thought with any more than a hardful of guitars made, you'd have some kind of frame or jig to determine where to put them too.

6 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

That's a surprise, from Squier. Normally I'd say they're reasonable quality and at least they'd screw on the parts in the right places. I'd have thought with any more than a hardful of guitars made, you'd have some kind of frame or jig to determine where to put them too.

I was amazed. Assumed after market bodge job but no. 

One I Prepared Earlier

Here's One I prepared earlier - the black headstock is standard on the ISC xxxxxxx serial numbers I think.  This one has upgraded bridge, new SD pickups/pots and fettled by the guitar garus at the GuitarRepairWorkshop in Manchester.

If the Fender "original" plays better than this it must be a dream 'cos this is surprisingly nice.

Be keen to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pirellithecat said:

One I Prepared Earlier

Here's One I prepared earlier - the black headstock is standard on the ISC xxxxxxx serial numbers I think.  This one has upgraded bridge, new SD pickups/pots and fettled by the guitar garus at the GuitarRepairWorkshop in Manchester.

If the Fender "original" plays better than this it must be a dream 'cos this is surprisingly nice.

Be keen to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy! 

I have a Seymour Duncan pick up I had considered bunging in but so far I like what I'm hearing

41 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Amazing the previous owner hadn't done anything about it.  Glad you sorted it.

I wondered whether to mention it but in fairness the picture I shared here which clearly showed the problem was one he had sent to me. 

It was there in plain sight and I still sent the cash. Anyway it plays like a dream. I've not put it down since it arrived 

• Like 2