Why become a member? ×

Squier JV P starting very cheap...

bartelby

55 minutes ago, ash said:

I want to rescue it! But look at the bow in the neck...still, it’s fairly near me so if it doesn’t go silly I will have a punt 😉

I reckon this one is beyond rescue, imagine the state of the truss rod 😬

• Haha 1

Difficult to tell 100% with all the dirt etc but it looks like the truss rod is accessed at both ends of the neck! If that's true then it's firewood (if it's not already). Another neck on a battered split body. Bridge and tuners might be salvageable but that's about it. The neck plate isn't like the one on mine. This looks like it's cheaply plated where mine looks a solid plate. It looks a bit odd all round really. Wrong pups, if indeed they are pups and not noggins of charred wood!

It's only a mile or so from me so I might ask to go and see it, just to see if it's that bad in the flesh. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, headofire said:

Haha that’s awesome! The necks always go bowed on JVs but you can sort them.. eventually.

Super tempted to save this fella.. anyone fancy sending it to me it’s collection only.. 

I don't think it will be much bother for me to pick it up for you and stick it in the post if you win. I'd check with the buyer he will accept PayPal etc with personal collection though. Send me a PM if you are interested. 😀

I've got plenty of packaging and rubble bags if needed!

• Like 1

It went for £360! I bowed out at £88. They are great basses but in that condition? I do wish good luck to the buyer but I think that’s a bidding war that got a bit over enthusiastic given the state of the item! 

12 hours ago, ash said:

It went for £360! I bowed out at £88. They are great basses but in that condition? I do wish good luck to the buyer but I think that’s a bidding war that got a bit over enthusiastic given the state of the item! 

Bloddy 'ell - it's a basket case!

14 hours ago, ash said:

My first JV - a Jazz which I bought used in 1986 - was £95 and mint and I still own it. I briefly borrowed my second in 1991 and then bought it for £225 a year or so later as I loved it so much. That was a Precision. Both fantastic instruments that I did let go of for a time - either lent out or sold - but regretted and bought back. 

I’ve had many JVs and sold them on but not these two as I’ve learned the error of my ways at last! I am still looking  for a maple neck Precision in black however. 

This person should have saved another few hundred quid and bought one from Basschat!