Why become a member? ×

SHE HAS LEFT - Modulus Quantum 5 SPi Custom.
£1950
Finland

itu

My dear instrument is leaving. She hates and loves me, so do I. We have decided to separate now.

born: 1991 (I am the 1st owner)

alder body, cocobolo (Dalbergia Retusa) top

35" graphite neck, no truss rod, 17 mm string spacing

bartolini preamp and pickups, switchable to series/parallel/single coil individually

Noll Mixpot for blend

Lots of sound variations, with her you may play anything from country to deathmetal.

She lives in Finland. Neck is bolt-on and disassembly could be an option for serious packing.

The original hardcase was destroyed by an airport, but she survived. There are two visible cracks in the lacquer (close to the neck under the G-string and another in the upper left corner). These are common according to Geoff Gould (Mr. MG himself) and some players. No belt rash, but polishing might be in order to certain areas. Original lacquer has been really glossy.

If you are looking for an incredible tool, she is the one. My problem has been string spacing and it is the one and only reason I am prepared to leave her. A new Quantum costs an arm and a leg and even some more: www.planetbass.com. Once more: Her sound is stunning.

IMG_0772.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a few nice trade offers, so sorry nothing has matched so far. I am still open to offers, plain cash if possible: at the moment there is an instrument that looks right to me.

Remember: a new similar instrument would cost nearly 6 000! With her you can play anything from country to black metal.

• 2 weeks later...

Your ticket to sound heaven without dead spots. This may not seem cheap, but the sound speaks for itself.

Neck is shallow from front to back. The bartolinis are mated to an active signal chain. Humbucker, single coil, you name it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • itu changed the title to SHE HAS LEFT - Modulus Quantum 5 SPi Custom.
  • ped locked this topic