Why become a member? ×

Yamaha 2024x Prototype traded
£1675
Market Harborough

Joebethell

Price drop till monday none bass related item is availablethat I have my eye on 1500.

I'm really not sure about doing this and I'm sure I will regret doing so but I'm not really playing and the bass is to good to be sitting around. 

This is an unusual Yamaha it was made and used as demo bass at trade shows sent to pros to develop the 2024x high end  bass series I belive it's one of four and possibly the only one that has been sold. 

I found it in PMT birmingham fell in love with the sound and feel of the bass it is a one off and one of the best I have owned. It does.have some differences to the production basses and I have tracked some of the history from forums etc but it could still be looked into further and I also have an email from Yamaha which states it is a prototype. 

It has aged really nicely with some marks crazing and general play wear but is all the better for it. 

Comes with the original yamaha hard case. 

Any questions feel free to ask.

Traded

20180611_092707.jpg

20180611_092718.jpg

20180611_092748.jpg

20180611_092805.jpg

20180611_092946.jpg

20180611_092929.jpg

Edited by Joebethell
Trade complete
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Marky Screen said:

What a great thing!! @AndyTravis don't look mate, it only leads down a dark road 😂

Haha, I’ve probably played this at some point as the prototypes were shown to dealers well before they were announced.

I held off as there was a promise of a limited run of bb3000’s which I never saw - although they did exist.

very lovely 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bassmayhem said:

In what way does it differ from the production model? (IF it differs, that is...)

I'm not totally sure to be honest people have mentioned that they are not the same as the production model but I dont have enough details or experience with the production model to know. Only thing I know is different is the serial number sticker on the headstock.