Why become a member? ×

Contemplating a Trip to Bass Direct

Frank Blank

On 17/08/2019 at 10:07, Wolverinebass said:

So, just to make sure we have pre-arranged roles here. @Frank Blankis in charge of wheels, I'll handle "the shootahs," @fleabag can arrange for a cash paid lockup to store and then fence the goods and @hiram.k.hackenbacker will be in charge of "fitting up" one of our rival firms in the aftermath to divert attention in case an unfortunate store assistant should be accidentally shot in the head for refusing to open the Dingwall and Fodera rack.

We've got this covered peeps. DM us any orders of gear you want and we'll see what we can do in the 5 minutes after the alarm goes of and before the cops turn up.

Relax. We're professionals. All basses will be delivered with filed off serial numbers. Untraceable. Okay, someone might have been kneecapped for your new NG2 Combustion and Darkglass Microtubes amp, but if you can look yourself in the mirror afterwards, we'll take your money.

Been watching the daily reruns of The Sweeney have we?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Been watching the daily reruns of The Sweeney have we?

Not at all Lozz. Just putting our potential customers at ease that we're not going to walk out the store with a huge bag of basmati rice grinning for the CCTV. Or worse still, fret wraps. 

We've got the organisation covered. No storing bounty in our own wardrobe waiting for a knock at the door. Alibis have already been procured from high ranking politicians who quite frankly will say anything for a cheap holiday and a kickback.

Ah, I was hoping for a reply of “Get your trousers on son, you’re nicked”.

in all seriousness it does look a plan though, I went there a few years back and managed to spend some good time checking all sorts of goodies out.

I drove down from Glasgow area circa 250 miles each way.. My wife went with me and we just made a full days outing stopping for lunch and then dinner later on. Was well worth a trip even if i only ever do it once or twice. Great selection of basses and was well looked after by Mark.

Was looking for a good 5 stringer and ended up with a Dingwall NG2  which wasn't on my original list to try but Mark suggested trying one and i was hooked on it. Sold it on couple weeks ago as i am mainly playing 4 stringers now.

If you haven't been before then its def worth a wee day out. Go on ......you know ya wanna

Dave