Why become a member? ×

Good deal??

Evo - HV

Hi all.  I have been offered a MarkBass rig for sale.  It's the CMD Mini 151p Combo and a New York 151 cab in great condition for £750.00.  No covers but only had very light use since new.  I know the new price and wondered if this set up is good for a classic rock band with two guitars and heavy drummer.

Cheers

ps.  I just want someone else to convince me to pull the trigger ha ha

It will be awesome. I used two ny151 cabs under an orange terror and kept getting told to turn down even when it was as quiet as it would  go. 

Thunderous response it was thunderous. I also used the two 15s  under an old Trace Elliot and oh my what a sound 

I'm not trying to convince you, but if it's the 450w it will keep up with a heavy drummer no problem. 

10 hours ago, stewblack said:

It will be awesome. I used two ny151 cabs under an orange terror and kept getting told to turn down even when it was as quiet as it would  go. 

Thunderous response it was thunderous. I also used the two 15s  under an old Trace Elliot and oh my what a sound 

I'm not trying to convince you, but if it's the 450w it will keep up with a heavy drummer no problem. 

It's the 151p combo at 300w but has the 151 NY extension cab which takes it all up to 500w.

4 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

If the new price is £1200, I'd be looking at offering around half that as a start price. £750 is too rich.

I'd agree, once you walk out of the shop, irrespective of use,  they lose value. CMD 121P's ( of any origin) tend to go s/h for around £400 and the NYC cabs around £250. Don't know if the 15" equivalants are worth more but £600- £650 seems a fair price.

6 hours ago, Evo - HV said:

Well I got them for £650 today so they're going to get a good amount of use now!!

That's a good deal indeed. I used to have the 12" equivalent rig which could handle almost any indoor gig. I imagine the 500 watts into two fifteens will be even more capable.