Left leaderboard
Jack

SOLD - EBMM Bongo 4 HH
£950
Newcastleish

Hello all,

Continuing my great clear out I have decided to sell my beloved Pearl Blue Bongo. Standard fair for a Bongo means: HH config, 18V preamp, 4 band eq, skinny neck, thunderous sound, chip on the headstock! I firmly believe that EBMM are the best basses you can get that come from production lines and aren't hand made and this one is no exception. It's a stunning bass that looks and sounds amazing. The only flaw is the aforementioned chip on the very long and very pointy headstock and a tiny line (dent? Indent? dimple? not quite a scratch?) in the neck laquer at the first fret. The location of this means that you don't feel it when playing and it's barely noticeable anyway. It has just been set up by the Bass Doc, it comes with Dunlop straplocks, the original strap pins, white and grey pearl pickgaurds and the EBMM case.

I'm near Newcastle if anyone wants to come and it them out. I can post quite happily, but I can't imagine that it'll be cheap in the hard case. I'm also happy to deliver pretty much anywhere in the North East for petrol money. Lastly, my brother lives in Northallerton so delivering them around that area isn't a problem.

Cash is, as always, preferred but I could be persuaded to trade, let me know what you've got. I'm especially interested in:

• HX Stomp
  • Shure GLXD16
  • Strymon Zuma R300
  • QSC K12.2
  • Sire Jazz V2 (maple, sunburst)
  •  P bass (maple, sunburst)

Lastly, whilst these photos are fine, I'll get nicer ones up asap.

IMG_20190804_155247.thumb.jpg.f21ff7b39966dbf79d1242457f9d025b.jpg

IMG_1788.thumb.JPG.430809f4e44882f4159ffd9c82d91d29.JPG

IMG_1789.thumb.JPG.ebe8c34df0f01584eea8801191a1cbe5.JPG

IMG_1792.thumb.JPG.c8d8fe1cf249388ac7254e9bb2a62167.JPG

IMG_1793.thumb.JPG.87cfee4a7e76e68bcb62fa151bccf9a2.JPG

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.0fe1c023f13b6477c56a6165eb04357d.JPG

IMG_20190206_134253.thumb.jpg.2b5de4026e55c270d63aed32f044e19f.jpg

IMG_20190413_204409.thumb.jpg.c93a28a43a81811cc20e4ac68fa3130f.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 3

Price drop to £900. Trades considered.

Posted (edited)

Some new photos. The weight is 3999g, which if you're old is about 8.8lbs. The ever-reliable internet tells me that this is slightly above average for a 4 HH but it certainly doesn't feel heavy.

bongo glamour.jpg

bongo glamour left.jpg

bongo glamour right.jpg

bongo body front.jpg

bongo body back.jpg

bongo head front.jpg

bongo headstock back.jpg

bongo chip.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

Was on hold, now not on hold so back open!

I've had some trade offers but nothing that quite tickled my particular pickle. Please do keep them coming.

I picked up a Bongo recently - a HS 5-string in Desert Gold (or 'shiny orange' as I like to call it!) Am really digging your pearloid blue with the white pearloid pickguard, very tasty! :)

These are such good instruments, an utter joy to play... Even the styling is growing on me!

Anyway, GLWTS - I'm sure whoever buys your Bongo will be more than happy!

Thank you for all the nice things you guys have said about this bass, that must be whilst it's now ON HOLD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please can I have your red Stingray? :)

2 hours ago, tom1946 said:

Please can I have your red Stingray? :)

Hah, let me tell you a story about that Stingray: I didn't want it.

At the time I had a black Stigray 4H, a grey Bongo 4HH and a honeyburst Stingray 5H. I decided that I was covered for basses and, even though I had custom ordered the 5H from EBMM themselves, I had just never bonded with it, didn't play 5s and so I listed it for sale. Somebody on here (it wasn't you, was it?) offered me that Stingray in part-ex. I didn't really want a trade at all and certainly not for another Stingray 4H but I accepted because no other offers seemed forthcoming and I figured I could always just sell the red Ray on again. Anyway, it instantly became my number one gigging bass, to the point where I sold my black Ray (which was in much better condition) about six months after getting the red one.

I really had to look hard to find photos of the blue Bongo because in nearly every photo I'm playing the red Ray, it just fits right and it's a big part of the reason I'm selling this Bongo too. Helped a little by the mods to be fair, it came with a hipshot d-tuner and the John East MMSR. I took the preamp out and returned the bass to stock, then pit the East back in as it's so much better. It's got a custom Armstrong series humbucker in now too.

19400531_10158960734850241_948372530960140284_o.thumb.jpg.55aaae01b67f48e580518c4c8fdcd76b.jpg

IMG_20180302_180845.thumb.jpg.21f4ccc1846d563cdb36bac8392a77fd.jpg

On 02/04/2020 at 09:13, Jack said:

Hah, let me tell you a story about that Stingray: I didn't want it.

At the time I had a black Stigray 4H, a grey Bongo 4HH and a honeyburst Stingray 5H. I decided that I was covered for basses and, even though I had custom ordered the 5H from EBMM themselves, I had just never bonded with it, didn't play 5s and so I listed it for sale. Somebody on here (it wasn't you, was it?) offered me that Stingray in part-ex. I didn't really want a trade at all and certainly not for another Stingray 4H but I accepted because no other offers seemed forthcoming and I figured I could always just sell the red Ray on again. Anyway, it instantly became my number one gigging bass, to the point where I sold my black Ray (which was in much better condition) about six months after getting the red one.

I really had to look hard to find photos of the blue Bongo because in nearly every photo I'm playing the red Ray, it just fits right and it's a big part of the reason I'm selling this Bongo too. Helped a little by the mods to be fair, it came with a hipshot d-tuner and the John East MMSR. I took the preamp out and returned the bass to stock, then pit the East back in as it's so much better. It's got a custom Armstrong series humbucker in now too.

19400531_10158960734850241_948372530960140284_o.thumb.jpg.55aaae01b67f48e580518c4c8fdcd76b.jpg

IMG_20180302_180845.thumb.jpg.21f4ccc1846d563cdb36bac8392a77fd.jpg

Yeah you do look the part 😀. Amazing,  basses. My Teal one is in my pic on the left.

Someone will have to prise it out of my cold dead hands before it goes anywhere. Looking for another 2 eq for a backup....

On 06/04/2020 at 11:28, AnalogBomb said:

How do,

Is this still available?

AB

2 hours ago, Bassbandit said:

Do you still have this m8 ?

Hello both. Technically it's on hold but the buyer would prefer to collect. We have discussed the possibility that another sale could go through, please PM me if you'd like to discuss this further.

1 hour ago, Papalampraina said:

What's the red P-bass?

2003 American Fender in chrome red. The only change from standard is that I stood on the lead pulled most of the scratchplate off, so it's got a 5-ply black guard to replace the old 3-ply one, new wiring (same pots and still got the S-1 switch) and a DiMarzio Will Power.

16 hours ago, Jack said:

2003 American Fender in chrome red. The only change from standard is that I stood on the lead pulled most of the scratchplate off, so it's got a 5-ply black guard to replace the old 3-ply one, new wiring (same pots and still got the S-1 switch) and a DiMarzio Will Power.

Love it! Almost won one on eBay years ago.

Sorry now sold.