Why become a member? ×

Proud dad moment...

BrunoBass

My son Jack is a hip hop producer, he’s spent years developing his style, making contacts and putting his tracks out there. He’s had loads of knockbacks along the way but he’s never been deterred, he’s never given up and he’s kept on plugging away. 

A while ago one of his beats got picked up by a rapper in the US who used it in a track that did quite well on the underground scene. This lead to his stuff being passed on to Logic, an artist on Def Jam, and an invitation to provide beats and additional production on a track called Still Ballin’ 

If you’re into hip hop you’ll know the track, it was number one on the Billboard charts, number one on the ITunes chart in the US (and I think in the UK). It’s now being used on NBC’s NBA coverage in the States. 

Suffice to say he’s thrilled, as am I. The other day Def Jam sent him his plaque. Just goes to prove that you can do anything, with talent, drive and persistence. Even a kid from Walsall making beats in his bedroom. 

Where this leads now I don’t know yet, but he’s getting offers so hopefully the momentum will continue for him. I’m absolutely made up for him and so proud

35F94B7D-8C16-4BB9-AB64-912F93BF84FA.jpeg

843B8F57-6372-4EC2-8E16-54A279DA482F.jpeg

Edited by BrunoBass
  • Like 41