Why become a member? ×

Hello Everyone

JMarkD

I'm Mark and I live in a small town near Orlando Florida called Howey-In-The-Hills.  I just discovered Basschat and decided to sign up as I really would like a more international perspective on all things bass related.  I have played as a pro for many years.  I was born in Philadelphia, PA and gigged along the Jersey shore, the Baltimore/Washington DC area and Florida.   I've played many gigs from roadhouse bars in Florida (chicken wire?) to The White House in DC.  I like all kinds of music but find R&B styles the most enjoyable to play.  I have many basses but mostly I use an old Lakland Joe Osborn, an older Lakland 4-94 and a twenty year old Modulus Quantum 5.  I use Aguilar amps, either a DB750 or a Tonehammer 700 with DB112 cabs.  Currently I play with a couple of bands around central Florida, mostly covers with some originals.  Not too many bar gigs these days, mostly tourist venues and the "animal clubs".  I do some recording with a drummer / songwriter using Logic Pro X on my iMac.

Photo of the rig at Old Town in Kissimmee, FL

399824602_OldTowneJuly19.thumb.jpg.c4c314be41f824c02fbbd44bb42bc0d6.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome! Let me guess, Thw White House was pre-Donald ???

3 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

animal clubs"?  That's a new one on me

me too, don't have those down my way. Thinking about it, I've probably played some without knowing that's what they were called :)

Sorry.  In the US it refers to service organizations that have local lodges.  Moose Club, Eagles Club, Elks Club, for example.  They are private clubs and usually are a gentler venue than a typical bar or pub.  I'm new here so forgive my assumptions!  I am still learning how to navigate the site.  Seems like a great bunch of folks here.

• Thanks 1