Why become a member? ×

NSD.... New Spector day!

cetera

New Spector bass day! Landed a week ago but this is my first chance to get it photographed and uploaded 😉 Spector EuroLX 'Rachel Bolan' sig model 😎 Sounds, looks and feels fantastic! 🎸

A question for you all though.... I'm not sold on the red 'crowns'. Would it be heresy to cover them with white MOP decals?

20190813_145331.jpg

20190813_145351.jpg

20190813_145401.jpg

20190813_145422.jpg

• Like 6

Lovely bass, congratulations!

I think the red is passable but of course the stickers would do the trick provided they cover the existing inlays. This I’m not sure of, I used the crown pearl sticker set on a NS-CR to cover the dots and am not sure whether they are 100% the same size and shape as the inlays. I still have 2 sets but can’t check them against my Euro as I’m not at home.

• Like 1

I too had to Google Rachel Bolan to find out who she is. Does the bass come with a nose ring and earring linked by a chain? 😂

I'm not a big fan of the red inlays but I guess Rachel is. I think the idea of applying stickers is worse than the inlays, especially if they're not 100% perfectly applied, you'll see tiny bits of red, or a the wonkiness again the parallel frets and it will drive you nuts. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cetera said:

72 at the moment. 2 for sale though...

That's fine then.

I quite like the red bits, but I'm a bit odd in any case.  Lovely bass.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

Nice bass dude ... congrats!

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I quite like the red crown inlays - I'm not sure about the glittery paint finish ! 😂

I must admit, I'm a big fan of the Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) Signature Spector and all the red on that so the red inlays are fine by me.

EURO5LXAW.jpg

• Like 1

On 15/08/2019 at 15:01, WHUFC BASS said:

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say that I quite like the red crown inlays - I'm not sure about the glittery paint finish ! 😂

I must admit, I'm a big fan of the Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) Signature Spector and all the red on that so the red inlays are fine by me.

EURO5LXAW.jpg

Not sure about the headstock personally.....

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Not sure about the headstock personally.....

While the original 4 string Spector headstock - a.k.a. “Gumby” has a cult following I think the Platypus kind of headstock that the Euro and US NS basses have are one of the best 5 string headstocks in the industry for me. I actually prefer it to the Gumby - but all my Spectors except one are 5 strings...

On 15/08/2019 at 15:01, WHUFC BASS said:

EURO5LXAW.jpg

I never understood why they did that blood-spattered version, I don't think I've ever seen Alex play it. He uses his his plain black ones live and his purple five string a lot in the studio. 

13 hours ago, Mastodon2 said:

I never understood why they did that blood-spattered version, I don't think I've ever seen Alex play it. He uses his his plain black ones live and his purple five string a lot in the studio. 

I've seen quite a few photos of him playing the red and white version ...

A-411613-1487988111-4570.jpeg.jpg