Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Jazz Bass 62 Reissue Japan 1992 Reduced to £400
£500
West Sussex

bassplayer76

Fender Japan Jazz Bass, a 62 reissue in Photo flame finish, I think its called.   Really lovely playing bass, low action, not heavy, with lovely dark rosewood fret board.  

Weight 4.15 Kilos

The bad part is that it is cosmetically challenged, as you will see from the photos.   Cracked lacquer, a long scratch down the back and some pings and pongs here and there.   The neck, though, is virtually unscathed apart from the edge of the headstock.  Action is super low but can be adjusted, the truss rod works and turns fine.

The price is taking into account the condition, any less than that and I will probably just choose to have it refinished, because it is a great sounding bass, almost too growly for me in fact.

Comes with a gig bag and would prefer collection or meet up in London. But, Have Box and can send.

Not looking for trades, want to get a good lightweight bass cab (Not BF)

Edited by bassplayer76
  • Like 1

Whoever gets this will have a lovely bass.

If you do choose to strip it, use a heat gun on the lower setting and the fotoflame will peel away from the wood. It literally is like a photo so peels away under heat rather than melting. Don’t go at it with high heat otherwise the wood under will get charred. Then sand flat if needed then use grain filler, sanding sealer before primer and finishing coats. Also remember to flat the sanding sealer and primer prior to top coat.

The one I did didn’t have good enough wood to just stain / lacquer. I guess the wood aesthetics aren’t overly important when adding a photo of a flamed top to it!

• Like 1