Why become a member? ×

Are our days numbered?

NoirBass

Nope - I think we can all rest easy! Just another attempt by EHX to extend the shelf life of their long in the tooth "9" series.

IMO, as someone who has come from guitar to bass, it's about as easy to play bass on guitar with an octave pedal down as it is to play lead guitar on bass with an octave up. Neither option work particularly well and octave pedals have been around forever.

I'd be happy to challenge any guitarist to play a great funk bass line on a six string Stratocaster - good luck to them (and to EHX with this pedal).

• Like 3

I can see it being useful for Ed Sheerhan style loop builders.

Not sure who else it would appeal to.

I'd have thought that most guitarists who need a bass guitar sound for home recording or as part of a band would already have a bass guitar.

Most guitar multi FX seem to have a bass sim as standard anyway.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 13:45, Newfoundfreedom said:

Yeah but don't forget it also works the other way around too.

Run a bass through an octave pedal and into a guitar amp with a few guitar effects thrown in, and we can do away with guitarists altogether, ala Royal Blood. 😋

Guitar and bass are incredibly tight aren't  they? 

We've apparently been out of a job for quite a while now...😂

Having said that the range feature on the OC-3, which has been out for over a decade now, is pretty cool and I'm not aware of any other octave pedals that have this feature!

19 minutes ago, operative451 said:

I've actually got a patch on my B3n that goes Octave up, Fuzz, Octave down, auto-wah, SVT, whammy.

It sounds like Satan's fairground organ... ;D

So has the B3n been reprieved once more or is it still on 'death row' unsure of its future as an operative (Fahrenheit) 451 pedal? 😉

10 minutes ago, operative451 said:

Its still for sale but i'm using it while it awaits its fate... :D

So probably quite a lot like being on death row! ;) 🍆

You decided on what's going to be taking it's place? Pm me if you want a vgc used Zoom B1X-4, which is likely to get 'Stomped on' in the near future... 😊

Edited by Al Krow

26 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You decided on what's going to be taking it's place? Pm me if you want a vgc used Zoom B1X-4, which is likely to get 'Stomped on' in the near future... 😊

Standard stompboxes that i've aleady got.. :D plus maybe a bonkers filter of some kind! I find i rarely use most of the crazy stuff on the zoom, except for the times i do use them..!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Thought you liked that one?

I just got my B3n, loving it, going to swap the helix HX out for it.