Spector Greatness

WHUFC BASS

6 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

West Ham, the top London club....

Who'd have believed it???

For now.

Today.

Could be the high point of our season.

Always particularly good to beat Man U. But then everyone enjoys beating Man U, right? 😂

You can tell I've been through too many seasons of just "staying up" by the skin of our teeth! 

Why I posted the league table as it stood 2 hours back.

...and btw Mick you're already out of date within 10 mins of your comment!

Edited by Al Krow

Paul - just pulling you on here to avoid my de-railing someone else' FS thread:

16 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Oh my.  I've had a quiver on for a Spector for a while now.  Oh, my.

Just a quick question for Gary @cetera What's the availability of black hardware like for these babies?  Costs?

Couple of quick comments from me:

- I'm absolutely loving my LX5, it's an astonishingly good bass!

- worth checking the difference between the recent more 'rounded' Aggie pups and the EMG pups, which have the classic 'Spector sound'. I've got EMG 40s on mine as has the OP, and they seem to be getting a BIG thumbs up from us both! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@pacman84 sorry you missed out on my Spector Legend Custom 5 which literally sold just a few days back.

I think there are a few decent Spectors in the FS section and hopefully some of the various followers of this thread will also put the word out and / or see if they have one going spare "under the bed" which they might be looking to move on.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:58, Al Krow said:

Oh dear...apparently DPD are going to be dragging (I hope not literally!) something to my door this afternoon.

I really thought I was just selling a Squier Bass VI a few weeks back and thinning the herd but I've now ended up on a Spector quest instead. How did that happen?

Conclusion: be very wary of selling @mangotango any gear whatsoever, chaps; the consequences are unforeseen and it could just prove to be an expensive decision! 😂

Oh here we go again...you should know that if I need someone to blame me for stuff that they do, I have a perfectly good Mrs. Mango at home for that.

:laugh1: :biggrin::lol:

Anyway, Spectors… last night was the first time I've ever had someone come up to me after a gig and ooze enthusiasm over my apparently amazing fretless bass sound... good old Spectorcore fretless 5, another on-point @Dood recommendation!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@WHUFC BASS you do realise that your Euro 5LX in your OP is one of the most 'liked' purchases ever! I'm not surprised, with its PJ config and general superb design it's an almost perfect bass!

ha! It'd be one of the most hated if I was in the picture I'm sure !

IMG_20191031_152811.jpg

Edited by WHUFC BASS

It sounds great. I was disappointed with the Ampeg SVT3 Pro as an amp, it just didn't really do the bass justice, but through the Gallien Krueger it was like chalk and cheese. Really great mid presence and plenty of bottom end too. This was a dep gig and everyone in the band commented on how great it sounded.

• Like 2