Why become a member? ×

Colour ?

Dov65

Looking for a new colour for this here body using Crimsons guitar stain, its a Schecter Stilleto 4. Not very sure on what colour so i've stuck a picture with the neck for comparison, red..blue..purple..black.. i dunno anything except green. Also water based or spirit ?...still got sides & back to do..cheers Dave

20190811_093923.jpg

Obviously colour choice is highly subjective so I won't make any recommendations on that, but to help choose a colour, assuming that you're not changing the neck, I'd personally look for something which is complementary to yellow of the fretboard & headstock. 

A good place to start is to look at a colour wheel and see what's opposite yellow (which are blues and maybe violets). Then, get yourself to a paint store (like b&q) and pick up different samples of your chosen colour and see what works best with the neck. Keep in mind that colour changes dependant on the light, so that needs to be kept in mind when you're doing the matching. 

martian_colour_wheel_24_hue_r.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Christine said:

Red, only choice :) Did I mention I like red?

Your only saying that cause your Welsh..could be English that worse..stain wise i mean 😁...looking at blue / purple think that would look fine

• Haha 1

Blue body and yellowish hair, like a young Swede.

Red body and a yellow star, from Russia with love.

British racing green body and yellow-brownish top. It is a classy Jaguar. Convertible. With a red headstock you get traffic lights. Rasta in peace.

Black and yellow is shouting at you. Warning! Beware!

Yellow and yellow is just too, well, yellow. And orange, purple is so 80's, grey, white, pink, never mind.

• Haha 1