Why become a member? ×

Standard function set ?

Les

3 hours ago, Les said:

It would appear Valerie is somewhat de rigueur. 

Does anybody do anything different with it or just play it like Mark Ronson and Amy's version?

We've jammed it in rehearsal a couple of times at a slower, funkier tempo. Sounded quite good but we haven't taken it to the stage yet.

6 minutes ago, super al said:

Does anybody do anything different with it or just play it like Mark Ronson and Amy's version?

No but I do both versions in different bands and the audience reaction is the same. 

22 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I depped on a covers gig a couple of weeks ago. A lot of the same tracks that have been listed on this thread. I was given a prospective setlist a couple of days prior to playing. On the night, however, there were a few tracks thrown in without any prior knowledge! (Barry White's "the first, the last, my everything", Queen's "Crazy Little Thing", etc.) I had to try and remember how they went. Thankfully, I got through it, but it was pretty unnerving. I was offered a place as the regular bassist if I wanted it, so all was well. 

Result! 

As far as the topic is concerned lots of similarities with what others have posted. The absolutely bolted on guaranteed standards for me are

Superstition 

Play That Funky Music 

Proud Mary 

Valerie 

Sweet Child O' Mine 

Summer Of 69

• Like 1

10 hours ago, super al said:

We've jammed it in rehearsal a couple of times at a slower, funkier tempo. Sounded quite good but we haven't taken it to the stage yet.

We've recently given it a bit of a reworking in a slow, stripped down version. It's made me less bored with playing it:)

• Like 1