Why become a member? ×

Bass with green strings on

benroch

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to share...

I HATE COLOURED STRINGS!!!!

They makes all basses look cheap and nasty. It's the bass equivalent to having eyelashes on your car and it is NOT acceptable! 

Be ashamed all those who soil their bass with such tack! 

I'll be round the back of the bike sheds at 4pm if anyone wants to fight about it. (Over-arm fisty-cuffs style only though please!)

*windmills angrily into the distance* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 06/09/2019 at 21:18, lemmywinks said:

Some older members might remember the crazy green Pedulla with matching strings that a forumite called Shockwave modded, looked amazing. Wonder what happened to that.

I believe it went to Germany, traded it out for an old Warwick Thumb 5. 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2019 at 18:28, binky_bass said:

Just wanted to share...

I HATE COLOURED STRINGS!!!!

They makes all basses look cheap and nasty. It's the bass equivalent to having eyelashes on your car and it is NOT acceptable! 

Be ashamed all those who soil their bass with such tack! 

I'll be round the back of the bike sheds at 4pm if anyone wants to fight about it. (Over-arm fisty-cuffs style only though please!)

*windmills angrily into the distance* 

You're just grumpy because you can't get 17-string sets.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Any pics? That thing was nuts (in a good way!)

Do you still have lizards btw?

Just the one Gecko now.

I have been very detached from the music community for the past 5-6 years and only just happened to log in today as I had PM. I had some success with my last band, but we broke up 2 years ago and have only recently started to care enough to start trying again though on the skinny stringed thing for a change. Also trying to start a family soon so :)

I have stuck with the same bass for the past 5 years as well. Musicman Stingray, with a backup Jazz parts bass I have put together. Just havent been interested in buying and selling basses anymore. Lord knows I have had enough!

aLb84.jpg

zp4lL.jpg

7fEDy (1).jpg

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 3

That's even brighter than I remember, should come with a warning!

H6133-TJCH__26353.1573047541.jpg?c=2&imb

My little Leopard Gecko died a few years ago, never knew her age (she had two owners before us) but she was at least 19. Got a Coleonyx Elegans who is a great little guy and a pair or Ambystoma Opacum now.

Edited by lemmywinks

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Just the one Gecko now.

I have been very detached from the music community for the past 5-6 years and only just happened to log in today as I had PM. I had some success with my last band, but we broke up 2 years ago and have only recently started to care enough to start trying again though on the skinny stringed thing for a change. Also trying to start a family soon so :)

I have stuck with the same bass for the past 5 years as well. Musicman Stingray, with a backup Jazz parts bass I have put together. Just havent been interested in buying and selling basses anymore. Lord knows I have had enough!

aLb84.jpg

zp4lL.jpg

7fEDy (1).jpg

Another one for the "Notable basses belonging to Basschatters" thread, Shirley???