Why become a member? ×

Rumble 500 combo?

TRBboy

9 minutes ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Are you missing the extra string? 

It's taking a bit of getting used to, because I do utilise the B string quite a bit for ease of positioning etc, and the odd dropped D song we do, but I'm surprised how easily I've adapted. Kinda makes me wish I hadn't so hastily sold my ol' faithful jazz all those years ago.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRBboy said:

It's taking a bit of getting used to, because I do utilise the B string quite a bit for ease of positioning etc, and the odd dropped D song we do, but I'm surprised how easily I've adapted. Kinda makes me wish I hadn't so hastily sold my ol' faithful jazz all those years ago.... 

Look out, I can see a jazz gas attack coming your way 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

Sweeeet! 

Cheers! It does sound fantastic to be honest. Not sure what the P pickup is (the gallery guys suspect it's a quarter pounder) but changing the controls to stacked (thanks @KiOgon) has really improved the tone.

I'm a bit gutted cos we're in the process of moving to a slightly smaller house (compromise made to be near the sea) so I've taken it and some of my other basses to my mums for safe keeping, so I've not had much time to play it. Worst thing is, exchanging contracts is taking forever so I've been without it for 2 months for no reason 🙄😂

• Like 1

I went through the same thought process a couple of weeks ago. I usually play through an Ashdown ABM 600 and Barefaced Super Twin (2x12) but had car problems and ended up playing our most prestigious event of the year through a Rumble 100 (DI'd), which got me thinking. In the end I bought a Super Compact (1x12) cab and will use it for the next couple of gigs with my Rootmaster 800 head - every bit as small and light as a combo, but more flexible. 

Unfortunately, my attempt to cut back on gear resulted in more gear, but that's how it goes!

• Haha 1