Why become a member? ×

Gig bag recommendations

lowlandtrees

I need a gig bag for my MMSub. Doing a mini tour using public transport so need it to be not too heavy but padded enough, shoulder straps and waterproof of course. Maybe even space for my Ys.  Someone selling a Protection Racket bag nearby but it looks too heavy (in the pics). Any recommendations ?

I have an M80 but it’s pretty heavy, sits a bit high on the back for my liking too. Makes it difficult getting on buses, tubes etc.

Also the bottom of the bass doesn’t sit quite right at the base of the bag. It pushes out slightly at the front bringing it in front of the most padded bit along the bottom edge. Put a scuff in one of my Wals when I put it down on one of those knobbly bits they have near the edge of tube platforms as a result... 😡 

Next time I’ll get a Vertigo. Looks like it’s got a good solid rubber boot type thing on the bottom.

Edited by CamdenRob

Try one on with a bass before you commit.  

Gator is great, and half the price of a Vertigo, but personally I didn’t get on with the shoulder straps, for me those D rings at the top of the straps dug in. For many this isn’t an issue. 

My Vertigo is the one piece of kit that hasn’t been swapped out in 8yrs, despite the best efforts of GAS. 

59 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

I like my Mono Bass Sleeve, mainly due to its huge pocket that swallows leads, pedals, even a laptop. It’s comfortable on my back and seems pretty durable after four years of regular use. 

Me too. Fabulous Gig Bag, swallows up everything.

On 09/08/2019 at 17:20, Cuzzie said:

Fusion

Mono M80

+1 on the Fusion.

I still have a F1, which has been discontinued, but its replacement "Urban" looks pretty much as good as the F1.

Plenty of room for storage, good protection, and unlike the Mono, extremely comfortable.

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcnach said:

+1 on the Fusion.

I still have a F1, which has been discontinued, but its replacement "Urban" looks pretty much as good as the F1.

Plenty of room for storage, good protection, and unlike the Mono, extremely comfortable.

I have the double - it’s bonza, and if you didn’t want to take 2 basses, you could fit bucketloads in the ‘spare’ bass compartment