Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman 4 fretless (unlined)
£599
Hove

nige1968

main.jpg.eac0cd2e14cd0ea960dccf7bc9685f34.jpg

The only bass I ever owned that paid for itself via gigging. I bought it new from Denmark Street in 2003 and it was my only bass for about 5 years. It has some minor wear and tear but has been regularly waxed and well looked after.
At one point I had Martin at the Bass Gallery put mother-of-pearl dots in the fingerboard at my, ahem, 'difficult' places. Later thought better of it, so had Bernie at GB Guitars replace them with black plastic dots which are only visible in the right light. All top quality workmanship but hence the bargain price.
Ebony board on ovangkol bolt-on neck. Ash body with flame maple front. Three-band EQ with push-pull pot to engage passive mode. Gold hardware, side dots to mark 'fret' positions. A stonking solid bit of wooden loveliness weighing 4kg (8.82lb). Cuts through the mix like a big rusty carving knife of music. Also goes mwah.
Comes in a tough Warwick gig bag, though sadly not the original velvety-lined one (the cat found that and weeed on it).
Don't think you can get these now unless you pay Custom Shop prices with your puny English pounds.

Sorry, no overseas sales. I'm not mad keen to post but might be persuadable. Sensible offers may be entertained.

Edited by nige1968
  • Like 2

Fabulous bass with a hugely versatile tone range.   I have the fretted version of this, and it's all that I gig with these days in preference to some  very high-end boutique basses in my harem.

Bump for German loveliness at an amazing price

• Thanks 1