Why become a member? ×

sold:KarlEckertCustom5
£999

eubassix

Karl Eckert Custom 5:- : http://www.karleckertguitars.co.uk/  body wings are European Ash with circular routed voids within each half under the Walnut top (weight reducing). The through neck is made from European Maple and Khaya Mahogany with an Indian Rosewood finger board (21-fret) and face plate (headstock). The old pre-amp was poor and offered only vol, bass and treble. I’ve installed (*with the help/advice of excellent local Tech’ Aidan – twincam here on BC: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/226645-twincams-feedback/ ) an excellent Andy Schack pre-amp (currently 9v – can be changed to 18v; but no need, really) which combines really well with the Delano humbuckers. Vol (notched) pan + 3EQ (bass, mids, treble) plus the option via dip-switches on the circuit board of altering the B-M-T Hz/FreQ (B: 100-300Hz with 13 variations; M: 500-1500Hz with 12 variations; T: 2k-8k with 8 variations) Weight is 9.5 lbs, 34” scale, 2.75” nut, string spacing 9/18mm (nut/bridge).

MVC-016S.JPG

MVC-042S (2).JPG

MVC-041S.JPG

MVC-014S (2).JPG

Edited by eubassix
sold
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 14/09/2019 at 08:42, MNY said:

Lovely.

On 15/09/2019 at 21:43, owen said:

That is a lovely looking axe. 

Thanks / agreed chaps. Something or a rarity as I think KE mainly producing high-end, handbuilt acoustics and occasional electric guitars.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot to like about this bass. This is a classic rambling about an instrument but not buying it post. But the aesthetics are very classy indeed - yes it is boutique-y but in 10 years time it will still be classy and understated. Some boutique stuff does not age well. This will. It looks beautifully made and I tried a bass with one of those Delanos in it once and it was just superb. I like the double strap buttons for "putting down" stability. Such an obvious thing but so few people do it. And a jack socket which means that you can put it down while plugged in. Weird how unusual that is as well. I shall stop rambling now, but this is lush. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TorVic said:

Hi, is the battery compartment on the underside of the body (on the lower bout)? Is there a close-up photo of this part? Thanks. 

Yes, it can be seen in the photo above (rear/body/angled) and more clearly in the photo below :-

Thanks owen / bigsmokebass for the ++ comments (above)

MVC-048S.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic