Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1four

petetexas

I can put my settings if it's of interest.  For context, I'm playing five-string P bass with flats, "wedding repertoire" leaning towards Motown, with a 10-piece band.

I'm actually not using a Zoom right now as I'm currently trying out the EBS MicroBass 3.

Anyway, the Zoom settings:
1: OptComp
4, 54, 65

2: B-Man
3, 3, 0; 400, 40, 71; OFF, BM 4x12, 64

3: Bass BB
14, 0, -4; 16, 70

4: Ac Bc Pre
50, 8 [60Hz], 100; 0, 0, 800; 0, 0, 0

Hi Al Krow ,

Tried your CLEAN setting ( without the ZNR ) suits my bedroom set up , as you say , gets rid of  the mush at the low end .

Will try it out at a small Festival Sat afternoon , with full rig , and if ok , will use Sat night and Sunday night .

I play a much modified Hagstrom Viking Bass 2012 ( Schaller 232 pups , re wired for normal 3 way switch  , tone & vol for each ) through MB Ninja and 2 MB 2x10 cabs on end , for a Stones Tribute Band .

Have tried going straight into the front end of the amp , and through the effects return , sound very simular ( both good )

Will let you know how I get on . Working on a Phaser for the intro to Anyone Seen My Baby .

I have now put my Zoom B3n up for sale , because the ZoomB1four fits inside my guitar case . Less to carry .

Pete

Edited by petetexas

Hi Al Krow,

Used your CLEAN setting without the ZNR ( with just a few small tweaks for each venue ) for an outdoor festival Sat afternoon , Large pub gig Sat night and a small pup gig Sun afternoon .

Suits my set up perfectly .

Thanks for sharing it .

When I can get a suitable PHASER setting , and CHORUS , I will share with all .

Thanks again

Pete

Edited by petetexas
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, petetexas said:

Hi Al Krow,

Used your CLEAN setting without the ZNR ( with just a few small tweaks for each venue ) for an outdoor festival Sat afternoon , Large pub gig Sat night and a small pup gig Sun afternoon .

Suits my set up perfectly .

Thanks for sharing it .

When I can get a suitable PHASER setting , and CHORUS , I will share with all .

Thanks again

Pete

+1

@Al Krow CLEAN patch has been my starting point ever since he published it. His experience really helps many of us ! 

Thanks Al Krow.

• Thanks 1

@petetexas and @JohnDaBass - you gents are far too kind! I clearly struck lucky on the 'clean' and the 'compressor' patches which both seem to have been well received. 

Equally, if you come up with any decent patches for phaser or chorus then please do share them on the patch ideas thread so that we have have everything together in one handy reference thread. I'll add @jrixn1's shared settings from above to that thread now also.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up there is new FW for the Four/X.

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/effects-preamps/bass/b1-four-b1x-four-bass-multi-effects-processors#downloads

Just 2 changes.

You can now change the position of the Looper, either Pre or Post Effect.

You can now see the Rhythm speed when its running. Before you just got the black dots, but now you get the same screen as when its stopped, along with the dots up in the right hand corner.

That reminds me, i have a B1-Four somewhere at home.......😁

• Thanks 1