Why become a member? ×

Pre-EB Music Man sabre with sunburst over white finish, is that a factory respray?

SurroundedByManatees

Seems like 79 was THE production year for Sabres. Probably because sales didn't go all to great, and they could sell for a long time from their stock. At least that is what I would think. 

How cool would it be to own a bass for 40 years... That's all my life + 8...seems a long time🙂 It definitely deserves a prominent spot on the wall (next best thing after playing, of course). 

• Like 1

I'll let you in on a little secret. If you are on Facebook and go join the page called; pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass fans. There is a man there named James, he bought all of Leo's (CLF) shop and paint shop records from 76-79. Those docs show how the bass left the workshop and if it was ever sent back under warranty. He can look up your serial.

His docs do not say where the basses went. Since CLF and Musicman were kept as separate companies, James only has the workshop records til about mid 79.

Edited by mikeswals
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mikeswals said:

I'll let you in on a little secret. If you are on Facebook and go join the page called; pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Bass fans. There is a man there named James, he bought all of Leo's (CLF) shop and paint shop records from 76-79. Those docs show how the bass left the workshop and if it was ever sent back under warranty. He can look up your serial.

His docs do not say where the basses went. Since CLF and Musicman were kept as separate companies, James only has the workshop records til about mid 79.

I am one of the administrators of that fb page. I know very well James from the ernieball forum and it was me that invited him to the pre ernieball page. James has record until end 1978 only. Nothing for 1979 and nothing for sabres...

Edited by flower8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1