Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Riverhead product of Headway RSB-900 'Steinberger'.
£600
Hilversum, The Netherlands

will4bass

Any Riverhead fans out here? They built some nice quality basses and guitars in the 80's. This is a quite rare RSB-900 from that golden Japanese era. A time when copies from the rising sun were as good or better than the U.S.A. originals. This take on a Steinberger-copy needs no double ball end strings. This is not just for some bass peddling in the holidays. It is a 'serious bass' really. It has a beautiful piece of rosewood on the fretboard, alder body, maple neck, 33,5", 18 mm string spacing, 4 cm width at the nut and most importantly: it plays and sounds very well. With the Volume-Volume-Tone knobs this passive bass is quite versatile. IMHO the build quality is better than the old and new Hohners (the truss rod is actually working on this one). Compared with 'real' graphite composite Steinbergers this Riverhead is much lighter and 'down under' more organic sounding (whatever that means) than Steinbergers. No Steinberger bashing.. I like them too.. but differently..

IMG_1616.jpg

fullsizeoutput_8b0b.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BassBod said:

Was there a "pivot plate" of some kind on the back of the body?  

Frankly I don't know for sure butI think so. The screw is there for a reason. Nothing seems to be broken but I don't have a 'pivot plate'. For me the bass is hanging alright when strapped on. There is a 'flap' under the bass that you can flip over so you can play it sitting down without a guitar strap.

+DqHvbUaSiqitVZSKcIThQ.jpg

JybEew9cTIG9b8ubu1PytA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is cool, not sure how come I didn't see it back in August! Always wanted a Riverhead Unicorn (which was what Dave Pegg played) but until now, had no idea they'd ever done a straight Steiny copy.

GLWTS!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2020 at 15:06, Bassassin said:

This is cool, not sure how come I didn't see it back in August! Always wanted a Riverhead Unicorn (which was what Dave Pegg played) but until now, had no idea they'd ever done a straight Steiny copy.

GLWTS!

Still sitting in its nice foudral waiting for someone to sharing good playing time with.

• 9 months later...
On 08/08/2019 at 18:19, Stub Mandrel said:

Dave Pegg thought so much of his there's a track called 'The Riverhead' on Gladys' Leap.

Bass and drums only, the sort of track that really matters 🙂

Happy to say I am now the custodian of said bass and a mighty fine instrument it is!

• Like 3