Why become a member? ×

Spector Bass 4 vs 5 string.

Nibody

I am in possesion of a couple of "factory second" Spector 5 string necks - Im guessing they came from a Legend 5. Have used one to replace the shafted neck on one of my two Rockbass Streamers.The guy I got them from has some 4 string bodies as well, so I was wondering if there were any major dimension differences between the 4 and 5 string bodies (other than the obvious neck pocket etc). I know the body of my Washburn XS-5 is noticeably bigger than my XS-4.

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

I think you need to source a Thunderbird body and get the chisels out...

That was the consideration for the 4 string body.. lol. One dropped right into my Streamer Standard, had the Streamer LX modified to fit a Warwick two piece bridge so to fit the neck  I would need to use Extra Long Scale strings as the taper is sitting on the nut with Long scale - Im toying with the idea of having the neck pocket modified to bring it closer to the bridge (It will all work, the Spector is slightly longer scale than the rockbass). Only I could buy two Streamers in a row with buggered necks.

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

Or send me the neck!

The guy has a few on fleabay if you're not afraid of a bit of woodwork.

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

Do you have a link?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/spector-5-string-bass-neck/352737458463?hash=item5220ca791f:g:6RIAAOSw5PJdQHb6

They are factory seconds so a bit dusty/marked - both of mine needed a bit of work as there was a lip between the fretboard and the neck (fretboard was slightly narrower than the maple of the neck) but a half hours or so scraping and sanding and you'd never know there had been an issue. But he is very clear that they need work. Both of mine had great frets, no warping and fully functional truss rods

• Thanks 1