Why become a member? ×

Finding high-end bassists amongst the groceries

Happy Jack

Yep, Dingwall even do a hot rod striped Z2 signature for him, as well as regular signature Zs.

He and Tony Levin will still be sessioning happily in another 50 years. Not sure they’ll outlast Keef though...

Edited by Daz39
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, tinyd said:

I didn't know he played on that - that means he's responsible (for playing, a least) one of my favourite basslines - Stratus. Nice!

Yes, he did a seminar at the LBS some years ago and played excerpts (on his laptop) of stuff he played on: he talked about playing with Billy Cobham. I had Spectrum on vinyl years ago, as I was a Mahavishnu fan and saw them a Newcastle City hall as a callow youth!

8 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

With a beard like that?

Get away! 

It's a grand feeling when the wind takes you by the whiskers.  I can tell you from first hand experience.

Mr Sklar also enjoys aerosol whipped cream direct from the can.  There's a YT clip of it on his channel.

You've got to be brave to get into that sort of extreme beard growth.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

It's a grand feeling when the wind takes you by the whiskers.  I can tell you from first hand experience.

Mr Sklar also enjoys aerosol whipped cream direct from the can.  There's a YT clip of it on his channel.

You've got to be brave to get into that sort of extreme beard growth.

I'm quite fond of the whiskers myself. Although in a much more modest respect. 👍

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'm quite fond of the whiskers myself. Although in a much more modest respect. 👍

I misread that as:

I'm quite fond of Whiskas myself...

81467_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1491591239_.jpg

I guess it's because they're talking about fluffy kittens on the 'Ear plugs don't work' thread. :D

Edited by Teebs

12 hours ago, Teebs said:

I guess it's because they're talking about fluffy kittens on the 'Ear plugs don't work' thread. :D

I'd have trouble getting a whole kitten in each ear to be honest.  Isn't there a better substitute for earplugs?  A couple of small rodents perhaps?

15 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Just back from Tesco and no-one approached me for a signing. Might need to grow a beard...?

Well... I was nervously waiting for you in Wirral Park Rd... 
Were you there at all, or did you somehow end up in the Townsend Shopping Park?

• Haha 2

On 10/08/2019 at 11:26, BassTractor said:

Well... I was nervously waiting for you in Wirral Park Rd... 
Were you there at all, or did you somehow end up in the Townsend Shopping Park?

Never thought of Wirral Park Road, but was 6 hours at Townsend Shopping Park: just think we were that close to meeting up😂. Still if you spent £60 on groceries you got 10p a litre off fuel so it was worth the journey....!

3 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Still if you spent £60 on groceries you got 10p a litre off fuel so it was worth the journey....!

What a shame!
I'd have paid a lot more than that for a meet-and-greet! 😉

(BTW, before anyone thinks I'm a stalker:
I am indeed a stalker but not in this context; I never zoomed out after my Google Maps search, so I still don't even know where in the UK Somerset might be. 😁 )

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Bottom left, staring balefully north across the Bristol Channel at Wales.

😀 Thanks!
...and as you can imagine, I did find out immediately after posting. Somehow one has to.
(It appears I've been in Somerset several times when driving between Anglesey and Devon.)

2 hours ago, BassTractor said:

😀 Thanks!
...and as you can imagine, I did find out immediately after posting. Somehow one has to.
(It appears I've been in Somerset several times when driving between Anglesey and Devon.)

Well, we've plenty of tractors and other farm machinery like Combine Harvesters on our roads......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc

• Like 1