Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Black BB2004 with hard case
£700
Aberdeenshire

BB2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No interest in this?  It was Yamaha's top of the line model back in the day - it's pretty scarce because it cost an arm and a leg (about £1260 if I recall - over £3300 in today's money assuming 5% inflation) so seems to be under the radar of most bassists.

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for that. I have no idea why this superb bass hasn't sold many times over. Buy a dodgy 70's Fender and you could pay many times the price...

The very familiar urge to buy more basses hasn't quite gone away. Here speaks the man who tried to stop counting at 100. I went down to 3 during my sojourn from playing and I now have 5! They are all far better basses than my playing does justice to. Buying new basses doesn't make me a better player (otherwise I'd be simply awesome) so as much as I covet thee sweet black Yamaha I'm going to give you a well deserved bump and move on.

Peter 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If only it was...

• 6-, 5- or 3-stringer (yes, they do exist),
  • 32" or 35" scale,
  • black or gold-plated hardware,
  • a lot lighter or a bit heavier than 4.07kg,
  • maple fretboard,
  • fretless perhaps,

... it would be mine already!  :biggrin:

Seriously, I'd love to take it and have funds available but also promised my better half to reduce and not to increase the number of bass guitars I possess... And she remembers my promise :dash1:

Have a bump!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...