Why become a member? ×

The “other” (American) bass related conversation site.

Quilly

9 minutes ago, Cato said:

Annecdotal evidence I've heard over the years from BC members who've been banned from TB suggests it doesn't take much.

I suspect derailing a thread with cheese puns (standard BC practice) would probably do it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o     smiley     smiley

You've gouda brie kidding! :D

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o     smiley     smiley

You've gouda brie kidding! :D

BANNED!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

You'd be kicked outta there so fast your cheesy feet wouldn't touch the ground. 😄

You could both join up and see who gets kicked off first.

Tell us how you get on in a 'Ricky and Teebs - adventures on TalkBass' diary thread on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Cato said:

Annecdotal evidence I've heard over the years from BC members who've been banned from TB suggests it doesn't take much.

I suspect derailing a thread with cheese puns (standard BC practice) would probably do it.

Unlikely: carrots are massive on TB.

37 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'm assuming you mean "Brit" once home and sober again. :D:hi:

With absolutely no offence intended to  the inhabitants of the dependent regions  the Welsh, the Scots and the Northern Irish I must point out two salient factors:

* Mr @Bluewine 's spiritual home is Liverpool, Ingerland

* Notwithstanding his inner Scouse the language of Mr Bluewine's comments indicate that he is - in fact - a Cockernee.

As support for my dialectological observation I commend to the forum's attention one of his recent posts:

" Just done a 8 hour gig at this minging boozer in downtown Milwaukee. We orl tip up and the guvnor says to set up in the garden room away from the bar. Fakkin' muppet! 

So we goes on, like, and this hen party comes in and some fat munter who's been on the sherberts orl arfternoon goes ar5e over t!t right on our lady singer's mic. So she hauls one off on the munter and orl fakkin' hell breaks loose". 

Res ipsa loquitur, I think. Our very good friend Mr Bluewine is English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

16 hours ago, Quilly said:

Isn’t there an EUB and Double Bass section in BC? Or are you referring to synth?

Anything other than bass guitars!

Chuck radio 1 on (if you dare) and see how long you have to wait to hear a bass guitar.

I’d thought there’d be more stuff on here about drum and bass but it’s mostly dad rock stuff.

43 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

With absolutely no offence intended to  the inhabitants of the dependent regions  the Welsh, the Scots and the Northern Irish I must point out two salient factors:

* Mr @Bluewine 's spiritual home is Liverpool, Ingerland

* Notwithstanding his inner Scouse the language of Mr Bluewine's comments indicate that he is - in fact - a Cockernee.

As support for my dialectological observation I commend to the forum's attention one of his recent posts:

" Just done a 8 hour gig at this minging boozer in downtown Milwaukee. We orl tip up and the guvnor says to set up in the garden room away from the bar. Fakkin' muppet! 

So we goes on, like, and this hen party comes in and some fat munter who's been on the sherberts orl arfternoon goes ar5e over t!t right on our lady singer's mic. So she hauls one off on the munter and orl fakkin' hell breaks loose". 

Res ipsa loquitur, I think. Our very good friend Mr Bluewine is English.

No ffence taken and non offered by those who fund the UK  the Scots and if that's how Blue comes across to you then i'm gonna freely accept that you are correct and that no-where else in the world talks like a "cockernee". :laugh1:

He has my sympathy. 😀

I didn't understand any of his comment so i'm at a loss there :laugh1:

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

I must admit I've not logged into that other forum for donkey's years. I used to make pretty regular use of it; I think I just found that I preferred the atmosphere over here (maybe it's the cheese) and decided to pitch my tent here instead. I think it was the black-and-whiteness of so many conversations which I found a bit tiring. Topics such as the order of your signal chain, perhaps at which point you took the DI signal from, or - god forbid - whether to mix driver sizes,  might prompt a lot of "try it and see" responses over here; over there, you're never short of people declaring "I would never do this*, and here's why you're wrong..."

Still, as far as the most bizarre exchanges I've seen, I can't decide whether my favourite is:

- the two blokes who started taking chunks out of each other over whether Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd could be considered part of PF's "canon" because one of them didn't like it; or

- the time the forum nearly erupted into civil war over the question of whether a Bass Guitar was a type of guitar, or some special and unique bass-related entity in a family all of its own.

*this first part quoted verbatim from several cases...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, NikNik said:

Try posting regularly on RickResource. You will meet some real rabid fruitloops over there.

I vaguely recall going there not long after I bought my ric around 2002 looking for genuine advice and a bit of banter, you know what I'm like. It was like visiting some weird religeous cult. I never went back.

• Like 2

I’ve often got the comment “this has been discussed at length on another thread “ (so don’t bother us) whenever I’ve asked a question I feel is relevant to the thread . Just the other day a guy made a point of telling me to research the topic in YouTube myself instead of offering any insight, like he was putting me in my place . It was a question on valve differences and the forum was about small ‘tube’ bass amps. To be fair I’ve gotten that once on this sight by an “expert”

1 minute ago, Quilly said:

I’ve often got the comment “this has been discussed at length on another thread “ (so don’t bother us) whenever I’ve asked a question I feel is relevant to the thread . Just the other day a guy made a point of telling me to research the topic in YouTube myself instead of offering any insight, like he was putting me in my place . It was a question on valve differences and the forum was about small ‘tube’ bass amps. To be fair I’ve gotten that once on this sight by an “expert”

That kind of thing really boils my p#ss on any forum. 

There's nothing new under the sun, and when a forum has been around for a few years then pretty much everything imaginable (at least in any way relevant) will have been discussed before. 

So what then? Are people supposed to just stop posting and use the site like a big online encyclopedia? What a boring forum that would be. If it wasn't for new people asking old questions, most forums would die pretty quickly. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Just the other day a guy made a point of telling me to research the topic in YouTube myself instead of offering any insight, like he was putting me in my place .

This reminds me of former BC-er BassFerret whose reply to most polite enquiries was 'Google it, FFS!' 

Eventually he went completely mad and passed over to the other Other Forum -  FinnBass - which was in part a sort of refuge for disaffected former BC-ers who thought BC was just a wee bit too uptight. At one time we spoke here of little else than FinnBass and the possibility that it might pose an existential threat to BC but everything went quiet and we just carried on as normal.

Great times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

That kind of thing really boils my p#ss on any forum. 

There's nothing new under the sun, and when a forum has been around for a few years then pretty much everything imaginable (at least in any way relevant) will have been discussed before. 

So what then? Are people supposed to just stop posting and use the site like a big online encyclopedia? What a boring forum that would be. If it wasn't for new people asking old questions, most forums would die pretty quickly. 

Definitely and I’ve learned so much about stuff, particularly about different types of gear etc from 30years of playing bass. I’m still learning. What I thought was gospel 20 years ago I’ve totally done a 180deg on based on experience and changes in musical tastes. What makes me laugh though is the blatant contradictory information spouted by “experts”. Stuff that you would thing is solid science that can’t have contradictory answers . Stuff like information on impedance, wattage etc. 

• Like 1