Why become a member? ×

The “other” (American) bass related conversation site.

Quilly

6 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

This reminds me of former BC-er BassFerret whose reply to most polite enquiries was 'Google it, FFS!' 

Eventually he went completely mad and passed over to the other Other Forum -  FinnBass - which was in part a sort of refuge for disaffected former BC-ers who thought BC was just a wee bit too uptight. At one time we spoke here of little else than FinnBass and the possibility that it might pose an existential threat to BC but everything went quiet and we just carried on as normal.

Great times.

Finnbass. I forgot that even existed. I joined because they did have a decent few bods who were knowledgeable about cab making. Apart from that it seemed to attract foul mouthed weirdos and perverts.

Looks dead now. Probably a post twice a month?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Finnbass. I forgot that even existed. I joined because they did have a decent few bods who were knowledgeable about cab making. Apart from that it seemed to attract foul mouthed weirdos and perverts.

Looks dead now. Probably a post twice a month?

They used to have a decent app but it was discontinued for some legal reason I reckon . I asked what happened to it and I was informed by the thought police there that such questions were verboten.

2 hours ago, DJpullchord said:

I’d thought there’d be more stuff on here about drum and bass but it’s mostly dad rock stuff.

Grandad rock, actually.  😁

What's this drum and bass thing? Is it like that there hop-hip?

1 minute ago, Teebs said:

Bollix to ya, LankyHomme! >:(

You're all brave, now you've had your teefs whitened!?!? :D

;)

Whitened? Hahahaha!

I've got teeth like Boot Hill Cemetery, me.

Or as Mike Harding put it - like the Holy Commandments; ten of 'em, every one broke....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Whitened? Hahahaha!

I've got teeth like Boot Hill Cemetery, me.

Or as Mike Harding put it - like the Holy commandments; ten of 'em, every one broke....

smiley

Edited by Teebs

44 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

This reminds me of former BC-er BassFerret whose reply to most polite enquiries was 'Google it, FFS!' 

Eventually he went completely mad and passed over to the other Other Forum -  FinnBass - which was in part a sort of refuge for disaffected former BC-ers who thought BC was just a wee bit too uptight. At one time we spoke here of little else than FinnBass and the possibility that it might pose an existential threat to BC but everything went quiet and we just carried on as normal.

Great times.

I'm not sure how I managed this, but as far as I can recall I found my way onto Finnbass first, and only found out about the existence of Basschat from there.  Seems odd when you consider the relative size and activity of the two!

47 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Apart from that it seemed to attract foul mouthed weirdos and perverts.

Real mature comment... several Finnbass members regularly post on here so step forward all the 'weirdos' and 'perverts'. People do say some daft things on the Internet, don't they? ;)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Quilly said:

They used to have a decent app but it was discontinued for some legal reason I reckon . I asked what happened to it and I was informed by the thought police there that such questions were verboten.

Unless you PM'd Steve, there is no thread about this on Finnbass. 

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

That kind of thing really boils my p#ss on any forum. 

There's nothing new under the sun, and when a forum has been around for a few years then pretty much everything imaginable (at least in any way relevant) will have been discussed before. 

So what then? Are people supposed to just stop posting and use the site like a big online encyclopedia? What a boring forum that would be. If it wasn't for new people asking old questions, most forums would die pretty quickly. 

It's a bit tricky though... sometimes it may be helpful to suggest doing a websearch, or using the forum's search function... depending on the question(s) of course... the search function is a powerful tool that may be overlooked sometimes... though I agree that on the flip side, advice to just 'do a search' is a bit of a thread killer...

I've seen comments on here about people asking questions and someone chips in with "search the forum its been done already" so TB or other forums aren't alone in that respect.

Usually the questions starts with "why are Fenders ?" and WOW that gets people heckles up for some reason..........."i don't know why" :facepalm::biggrin:

Dave

Guest oZZma
2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

That kind of thing really boils my p#ss on any forum. 

There's nothing new under the sun, and when a forum has been around for a few years then pretty much everything imaginable (at least in any way relevant) will have been discussed before. 

So what then? Are people supposed to just stop posting and use the site like a big online encyclopedia? What a boring forum that would be. If it wasn't for new people asking old questions, most forums would die pretty quickly. 

Yeah and bringing up the same questions again and again does keep them alive? 

9_9

I find most of the complaints here forced and unreasonable. Forced because they generalize way too much. Unreasonable because they dismiss the basics of netiquette like doing a damn search before asking obvious questions.

What I'm reading here is at 90% far from reality. 

30 minutes ago, oZZma said:

I find most of the complaints here forced and unreasonable. Forced because they generalize way too much. Unreasonable because they dismiss the basics of netiquette like doing a damn search before asking obvious questions.

What I'm reading here is at 90% far from reality. 

They should use the official BC complaint form:

funny-complaint-form-joke.jpg

That is obviously blown up much bigger than 'actual size'. 😬

Edited by Ricky 4000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m on TB and have found people to be very helpful. There’s a wealth of knowledge to be found just as there is on BC. One forum may cover some subjects more than the other so it’s great to have two great resources.

I’ve read some threads on there that have turned pretty nasty, but there are some people out there who just live for that. To my mind BC is nowhere near as bad but there are people even here who just seem to post negative comments at every opportunity. People have differing views but how some choose to put those views across is questionable.

• Like 6