Why become a member? ×

The “other” (American) bass related conversation site.

Quilly

22 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Half the accounts are Fender shills. No matter what the question is, thirty lads are lined up to tell you Fender is the answer. A depressing turn of events as it used to be a decent resource.

Fender and Ampeg

6 minutes ago, chris_b said:

What brought this on? Gratuitously slagging off fellow bass players?

I have a problem with them because I made a comment about being chuffed with my new Warwick RB Corvettes on one of the threads and was met with a barrage of abuse about they aren’t real Warwicks and they shouldn’t have the Warwick name on them blah blah blah!!!!! 🤬

Edited by Jimothey

I pop over occasionally, mostly just to make me realise what a surprisingly reasonable lot we are on here. For the amount of people who contribute this really is one way of the most grown up sites I’ve ever been on. I’ve had some hilarious and instant reactionary spats across the pond on the ‘other’ site. Perhaps we should build a wall to keep them out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I pop over occasionally, mostly just to make me realise what a surprisingly reasonable lot we are on here. For the amount of people who contribute this really is one way of the most grown up sites I’ve ever been on. I’ve had some hilarious and instant reactionary spats across the pond on the ‘other’ site. Perhaps we should build a wall to keep them out?

Nah, that would mean no Blue.......BC wouldn’t be the same. We’re a friendly and inclusive lot!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Nah, that would mean no Blue.......BC wouldn’t be the same. We’re a friendly and inclusive lot!

I was kidding but am a bit pished at the pub and couldn’t find emojis, @Bluewine is an exemplary American and definitely an honorary Englishman.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DJpullchord said:

This site is very biased towards bass guitar though. Sort of assumes all bass comes from a bass guitar.

Isn’t there an EUB and Double Bass section in BC? Or are you referring to synth?

49 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Try posting regularly on RickResource. You will meet some real rabid fruitloops over there.

I love when a Ric comes across Dave ‘the gooches’ work bench . He typically spends the entire video berating the brand 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DJpullchord said:

This site is very biased towards bass guitar though. Sort of assumes all bass comes from a bass guitar.

Couldn't agree more! 

Where's the Susa.... Souza.... Soosa.... Souza.... Tuba section? 

• Haha 2

The site was the inspiration for this one and there’s a huge amount of experience and some great people on there. With any site that size you’re going to get some arses who like the sound of their own voice but imo if you ask a good question and don’t give them any room for stupid replies to generally can find what you need. 

• Like 13

• ped locked this topic