Why become a member? ×

MarkBass or Fender

Combed20

Hi all.

Looking to get an extension cab for my rig. Either Fender Rumble 115 or Markbass Traveller 115. Both are light weight, which I need. Anyone played through both and able to describe the difference? Going to have to be an online purchase as I can get down to a shop selling both....

Ta

For a light weight cab, it's also worth looking at Barefaced Bass. They get a lot of love here. 

I once had a "BigOne"; their 115. It was light, yet bulletproof as far as it's power handling is concerned.

They don't currently do a 115, but you could ask Alex if he can make one, if 15" is important to you.

https://barefacedbass.com/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grangur said:

For a light weight cab, it's also worth looking at Barefaced Bass. They get a lot of love here. 

I once had a "BigOne"; their 115. It was light, yet bulletproof as far as it's power handling is concerned.

They don't currently do a 115, but you could ask Alex if he can make one, if 15" is important to you.

I'd love to try them, but they are our of my price range....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Grangur said:

I honestly think their one10 is probably as good as most 1x15 cabs 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I honestly think their one10 is probably as good as most 1x15 cabs 😂

TBH, when I bought a One10, Alex assured me it would hold it's own for a gig. 

@Happy Jack was telling me that for giging he's been known to have a small Barefaced sitting on a large cab. Not that the large cab was actually plugged in, he just felt the small Barefaced would look too insignificant. So the large cab simply made the rig look good.

12 minutes ago, Grangur said:

TBH, when I bought a One10, Alex assured me it would hold it's own for a gig. 

@Happy Jack was telling me that for giging he's been known to have a small Barefaced sitting on a large cab. Not that the large cab was actually plugged in, he just felt the small Barefaced would look too insignificant. So the large cab simply made the rig look good.

I’ve seen people use big plexi Marshall heads with those little guitar cabs from barefaced. Looks a little odd but apparently they sound great .

Edited by Quilly

5 hours ago, Combed20 said:

I'd love to try them, but they are our of my price range....

A secondhand Barefaced Compact is extremely light, extremely loud and extremely cheap - considering what you get for your money. You can pick one up, on Basschat, for about £300.

Then you can sell all your other cabs because you won't need them any longer :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gjones said:

A secondhand Barefaced Compact is extremely light, extremely loud and extremely cheap - considering what you get for your money. You can pick one up, on Basschat, for about £300.

I use a barefaced two10 for everything. Compact and loud enough for any gig 

• Like 1

GJones speaketh the truth...I have an early Compact which I bought to make a full stack with my Super Twin*, but I've used it on its own where I want something a bit lighter/smaller than the Super Twin, but need to retain the option of removing plaster from walls...it's still a great cab.

* I knowwwww, I just got carried away, OK?

1 hour ago, gjones said:

Yes, this. I replaced a pair of GK 2x10 cabs with a single Barefaced 1x15 (the original Compact), and it sounded better and went louder.

4 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

The 1x15 Traveller is a nice cab, well built, reliable and sounds fine,  I had one for a few years and used it below my 102 Traveller cab, I haven't used the Fender so cannot comment on that cab

Same here. That is my big gig rig. I like both the 2x10 and the 1x15. Light rugged, good sound. Solo I probably prefer the 2x10 but it’s pretty marginal.

F40AF2C1-BF03-49D8-97E1-D9798F555838.thumb.jpeg.91aa703b31b1d75ae145c7c6c0d14d1a.jpeg

• Like 2