Why become a member? ×

10ths are very useful to learn, as you can build interesting fills and riffs from them. You can also use them as double stops (2 note chords) to get that unique sound that players like Jaco Pastoruis utilised. 

I teach how to play major and minor 10ths, and how to learn the two shapes.  I then go on to show you how 10ths are used in Come Together by The Beatles and The Chicken, as played by Jaco.

This is all written down on a PDF, which you can download in the video description on YouTube. 

If you are interested in more bass resources, then come and have a look at gregsbassshed.com

https://youtu.be/zmwNnd7vS48

• Thanks 1

Good stuff - I really like the Jaco piece. Squeaky rounds eh ;)

Shame the theory/tech area here doesn't get more traffic and interest generally. I welcome anything that adds to or helps broaden how I play. Thanks, and worth a look/listen to anyone passing through.

can I mention sound level on YT seems rather low, compared with other Yt content. I had to crank everything up to near max

Edited by Soledad
  • Thanks 1

Hi thanks for your feedback and I’m glad you like the lesson. 

This is my first video, and I have sorted out volume levels since then. I am about to redo my Lesson No.3 as the bass volume is so low! Appreciate you picking that up though. 

Yeah I have noticed, surprisingly, that theory and technique videos don’t generate that much interest. Surprising, as working on these areas can give you the best results with your playing. 

Thanks and hope you enjoy the rest of my channel.