Why become a member? ×

AER compact 60

lowlandtrees

Been offered an AER compact 60. I am looking for something like a crazy 8 or Acoustic Image coda firstly as a practice/rehearsal  amp and secondly for a short tour where we are using public transport. The AER 60 is an acoustic guitar amp but wonder if it would take a ebass and a DB. Gonna try it out next week but wondering if I am wasting the sellers time?

I have an AER compact 60 (Mk1), which I've had for about 20 years for classical guitar duties.

I have occasionally plugged in a EB for practise at acoustic guitar volumes, but I wouldn't want to take it any louder - I wouldn't bother to put my DB through it. Ironically, I have two Crazy 8s for EB and DB practise in the house or small gigs, which are not only much more suitable, but worlds apart in terms of bass depth, clarity and useable volume.

For the S/H price of an AER, your money would be better spent on something more suitable for bass!

• Thanks 1

Another option to consider is the AER Bass One. It is very compact and the sound is incredible for the size, it will easily accommodate a medium size gig (150+). It feels heavy because of the compact size, I think it is about 13.5kgs. Great amps. I don't have the direct experience to comment on PJB's - they've always been on my consideration list, but I have enough options and range to cover all occasions and no need to change.

3 hours ago, lowlandtrees said:

AER bass one is out of my budget at mo. I can get get a crazy 8 for £420 ...will probably do that...I have an EA doubler that I am happy with

£420 for an 8" speaker cab?  Wow.

I've seen AER Amp Ones selling for £650ish.  Surely that's a better deal?  I had an Amp One for a (very) short time and it was superb.

Frank.

16 hours ago, machinehead said:

£420 for an 8" speaker cab?  Wow.

I've seen AER Amp Ones selling for £650ish.  Surely that's a better deal?  I had an Amp One for a (very) short time and it was superb.

Frank.

Yes...I have been holding off hoping to get a used one but I think in general folk hold on to them. I am not in a hurry as I have a wizzy 12 and a Greenboy fearful but looking to go light..especially for the public transport tour