Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Owners - Quick Question

Linus27

Hi,

I just have a quick question to those who have Barefaced cabs.

I'm looking to buy a Barefaced Two10 and I noticed they do a steel grill and cloth grill option. With the cloth grill option, is there any protection behind the cloth? I had an EBS classic 112 speaker once and it had a cloth grill which was basically a wooden frame, covered in cloth that then sat in the recess of the cabinet. There was no grill or protection behind the cloth at all. Just wondering if the Barefaced design is the same. 

if anyone could let me know I would most grateful. I did drop Alex an email to ask but no reply yet so maybe he's away at the moment.

24 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I haven't removed them but mine look like a cloth stretched across a wooden frame.

From Ampeg to Fender to Bergs I've never seen a front cloth with anything behind it.

Thanks Chris. Same, my EBS and Fender rumbles were exactly the same. I do about 100 gigs a year so if cloth fronted then I'll just buy a padded cover to give it more protection loading in the car etc.

I've got a cloth fronted two-10. Regularly take it to & from gigs & rehearsals in the car. Always use a cover and am careful to point the cloth side at a side wall of the car boot just to be extra careful. Never had any damage, bit I don't think there's any extra protection behind the cloth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doomed said:

I have had a cloth fronted Four10 since the model was launched, I had a Roqsolid cover made (padded version) with front board pocket and inserted a very thin piece of ply, no problems whatsoever.

What a good idea! 

5 minutes ago, casapete said:

I think it's the silver cloth I'm not keen on - do they offer a black version in the bass cabs like their guitar range?

They're open to custom orders, I'm sure they'll do that for you.

• Thanks 1