Why become a member? ×

Drop Tuner Bridge for Hohner B2A

SpondonBassed

Before I put up a wanted ad in the appropriate section I wanted to ask those in the forum with experience of Hohner B2As;

Are the standard bridges interchangeable with the drop tuner bridges?  I would like to have  the option to play in D and not spend time fine tuning on changes between E and D.

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

7AEB39C3-61E9-4560-8E98-34C1B06AC2B7.thumb.jpeg.211bbf639fde35fadd94a76f5ebb1a11.jpeg

this is how it looks on mine if that is any help?

Its prob the same size

Thanks.  Wanna swap?  Heeheehee.

It does look similar.  I measured the mounting screw centres at 15mm, 60mm from screw one to screw five.  If there is no part of the drop mechanism let into the body, it looks like a straight swap might be possible.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's heard of it being done successfully.

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Thanks.  Wanna swap?  Heeheehee.

It does look similar.  I measured the mounting screw centres at 15mm, 60mm from screw one to screw five.  If there is no part of the drop mechanism let into the body, it looks like a straight swap might be possible.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's heard of it being done successfully.

Swapsies - not after popping the EMG’s in which was that photo, I did some soldering  as the solderless wires were linking and were too long!

I did have a B2 passive in white - I will try for find a photo if I can to compare, but I think they were about the same