Why become a member? ×

Holy Grail?

stewblack

55 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Looks good to me stew , I’m currently thinking about a ctm  and the Dubster ,which is not a million miles away from what you’ve got there 👍

I haven't given it dub style treatment yet, playing in a pop/soul band today, but I rolled back the eq on my pbass for Three Little Birds and it sounded fine to my ears. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onehandclapping said:

Hi,

What are the Barefaced cabs you are using,sm?I have a couple of Trace V4s in the cub board maybe I should give them a go with my midget

Wait, you have 'a couple' of V4s? In the cupboard?? 

• Haha 1

Loving the CTM and dual Compact rig! If I had the space I think that it is mighty close to my dream rig, though maybe I’d go for two Super Compacts instead coz they are my favouritest of all cabs ever. Glad it’s working out :)

Edited by Merton

1 minute ago, Merton said:

Loving the CTM and dual Compact rig! If I had the space I think that it is mighty close to my dream rig, though maybe I’d go for two Super Compacts instead coz they are my favourite at of all cabs ever. Glad it’s working out :)

I need to gig it a few more times to learn the amp, not be lazy and just pop a class D into my back pocket,  the CTM is full of character. 

My only other valve experience is with an SVT and that was a case of plug it in, turn it on and play, perfect sound right out of the box. I think the Ashdown has much more flexibility so will need me to learn it's ways. 

56 minutes ago, Merton said:

Loving the CTM and dual Compact rig! If I had the space I think that it is mighty close to my dream rig, though maybe I’d go for two Super Compacts instead coz they are my favourite at of all cabs ever. Glad it’s working out :)

+1

2 x Super Compacts are awesome. 

Edited by JohnDaBass
Error

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I need to gig it a few more times to learn the amp, not be lazy and just pop a class D into my back pocket,  the CTM is full of character. 

My only other valve experience is with an SVT and that was a case of plug it in, turn it on and play, perfect sound right out of the box. I think the Ashdown has much more flexibility so will need me to learn it's ways. 

There’s also a mod that Ashdown can do for the CTM to make the eq even more flexible.

Having been a Barefaced user for some years now (Super Twin #S001) I had a revelation last night, when I was unable to transport my gear to a headline slot at a festival in Kent and used a borrowed lightweight 100w combo - which sounded great! Seriously questioning the need to keep a large and expensive piece of kit (plus two Ashdown heads) when all of my gigs are DI'd into the PA. 

38 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

WHAT... is the airspeed velocity of a pair of trousers blown off by a CTM 100 and two Compacts?

I wasn't able to do full wind tunnel trials due to certain local byelaws prohibiting weapons testing...