Why become a member? ×

NBD - Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird

JPJ

So I liked the look of these when they first came out and a fellow bassist in my locality speaks very highly of his, and when this one popped up cheap on eBay and local to me I thought why not.

Having also recently divested myself of a bass there was space in the stable (which Mrs JPJ would have only filled with household appliances or fitness aids never to see the light of day again) so a cheeky ‘will you accept....’ message later secured this bass for the same money the outgoing bass generated. 

The bass came without strings (risky I know) but the guy had solid feedback and I collected the bass from his home so I thought it was a risk worth taking. Whacked on a set of strings I had in the house and fired her up. Only had a ten minute play through headphones but it sounded like a Thunderbird to me with plenty of grunt and growl. I’ll add more here once I’ve spent a bit more time with it but first impressions are extremely positive😎0E54C817-5323-4161-A55B-71D3AB49A8D1.thumb.jpeg.9b00620650a3ef4b2dd17b73aac1556b.jpeg

• Like 4