Jump to content
bassfan

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ezbass said:

The Sad knobs look classier. £1k classier?

 

 

 

Sad Knobs - new band name.

Sad knobs there with their new hit “my crying eye”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Sad knobs there with their new hit “my crying eye”

#threadkiller 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leroydiamond said:

I play a Sadowsky NYC jazz, that I purchaesd in the U.S. some yrars ago when the dollar was alot weaker than it is now

A couple of years back, my guitar playing brother purchased a Sire V7 to use in his home studio. I called by one evening and had a play on his cheap as chips Sire. An incredible bass for the money.  The fit/ finish was excellent and the pre amp superb. I actually preferred the neck radius over the Sadowsky The only major draw back was the weight. Other than that, I would have had no issues with gigging the Sire.

Interesting point on the Sire weight. My sense is that the v1s were a touch heavier and the v2's seem to have addressed this. My P7 v2 is 4.4kg / 9.7 lbs which is very comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Interesting point on the Sire weight. My sense is that the v1s were a touch heavier and the v2's seem to have addressed this. My P7 v2 is 4.4kg / 9.7 lbs which is very comfortable.

My Sadowsky is just over 7lbs and that is significant to me, due to shoulder issues. My previous bass was a Fender Jazz coming in at just over 9lbs, but too heavy for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

My Sadowsky is just over 7lbs and that is significant to me, due to shoulder issues. My previous bass was a Fender Jazz coming in at just over 9lbs, but too heavy for me.

That is wonderfully light! A key benefit from a chambered body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that’s the correct price. Lots of coverage in this thread 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Blimey that's cheap (for a Sadowsky)!!

These are the new Chinese ones.

Mildly improved logo from the terrible one previewed.

sadowsky “style” pickups No VTC/Sadowsky Pre.

there’s probably a definitive list somewhere.

It’s probably a very nice bass for £800.

Id be happy to do a comparison. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically it's Sire without the knobs, right? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

So basically it's Sire without the knobs, right? 😁

I’d say so. Tough gig. Hopefully they’ll catch a bit of the magic. Will see - if Warwick can manage to make the Metroline as well as the Japanese facility and make the necks feel just like the Japanese ones...fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

These are the new Chinese ones.

Mildly improved logo from the terrible one previewed.

sadowsky “style” pickups No VTC/Sadowsky Pre.

there’s probably a definitive list somewhere.

It’s probably a very nice bass for £800.

Id be happy to do a comparison. 

 

I was looking at them and thinking that if they are any good the first batch is likely going to have the highest QC on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

I was looking at them and thinking that if they are any good the first batch is likely going to have the highest QC on them

Let’s hope they get the pickguards to fit a bit tighter 🤔

E873C52B-8CA2-4088-A49A-7BDD177387DF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’d say so. Tough gig. Hopefully they’ll catch a bit of the magic. Will see - if Warwick can manage to make the Metroline as well as the Japanese facility and make the necks feel just like the Japanese ones...fair enough.

If you haven't got Sad pups or Sad preamp or Sad finishing. Well that bass is just going to be a bit...sad.

But it's going to be hard to describe it as a Sad. 

And there's gotta be a risk to the brand if folk start saying "well I bought a Sadowsky and frankly it was a bit meh." No point telling them its not a real Sadowsky, they'll just say "that was the name on the tin."

Edited by Al Krow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the growing reputation of Sire, the new Metro Express is going to struggle I reckon. If Sire would sort out that overly, IMO, complicated control plate and put some better looking knobs on it too, it could be curtains for the ME line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To whom it may concern You're a knob - Snoopy | Meme Generator

11 minutes ago, ezbass said:

...some better looking knobs 

 It's what the world needs right now, no question 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be very clear. I don’t have metro express GAS.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ezbass said:

With the growing reputation of Sire, the new Metro Express is going to struggle I reckon. If Sire would sort out that overly, IMO, complicated control plate and put some better looking knobs on it too, it could be curtains for the ME line.

The “masterbuilt” range doesn’t bowl me over...well, this one...

49199260-B324-4BF5-9ED2-20EE48461675.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s probably a very nice bass for £800.

True. It might be a good bass for £800, but that's not the point of a Sadowsky bass.

The only thing on it in common with the previous basses is the name. We'll have to see if is it up to the Sadowsky standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, chris_b said:

True. It might be a good bass for £800, but that's not the point of a Sadowsky bass.

The only thing on it in common with the previous basses is the name. We'll have to see if is it up to the Sadowsky standard.

Given that several folk have already commented on this thread how well basses such as the £500 Sire stand up in comparison to the £2,000+ Sads, with the Sad edging it primarily on the pups / electronics but which are lacking in this budget offering, I would be gobsmacked if this Metro Express does anything other than dilute the brand.

If it does in fact come out well in comparison then why the heck would you pay 3 to 4 times as much for the NYC? 

Sounds like a lose-lose strategy to me. Bit like a Porsche deciding it wants to get into 1.5 litre family saloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's something you won't get if you buy a Sire! They don't sell spare PGs at all.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...