Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

29 minutes ago, RichValentine said:

Couldn't do it in the end so holding on to my Will Lee. Still the best 4 string I've ever played and would regret it if I sold it!  I'll bring it to a south east/London bash some time!

I sometimes wish I’d shown the same resilience with my old Roscoe Beck signature.

2 hours ago, RichValentine said:

Couldn't do it in the end so holding on to my Will Lee. Still the best 4 string I've ever played and would regret it if I sold it!  I'll bring it to a south east/London bash some time!

Don’t blame you. Always wanted to try one!

51 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I keep looking at this one, I really don’t need it, especially as I don’t play fivers these days. However, GAS is a cruel mistress.

image.thumb.jpeg.3107f2885db8303f51cab1c3c58eaeb2.jpeg

Is that an NYC? I’m sure theres an Rv5 version is in the FS. 

2 hours ago, bassfan said:

Is that an NYC? I’m sure theres an Rv5 version is in the FS. 

Pre owned Metro. I played it a couple of months back before you know what, I was hoping to be underwhelmed, but that was not to be. I really don’t need it, I have 3 perfectly lovely Maruszczyks (2 of them custom) and an SBP2 pedal for that ‘sprinkle of fairy dust’, but....

24 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Pre owned Metro. I played it a couple of months back before you know what, I was hoping to be underwhelmed, but that was not to be. I really don’t need it, I have 3 perfectly lovely Maruszczyks (2 of them custom) and an SBP2 pedal for that ‘sprinkle of fairy dust’, but....

I can feel an email to the gallery coming on! 😂

1 minute ago, bassfan said:

I can feel an email to the gallery coming on! 😂

It could be a relaxing of lockdown present to myself. If it comes with a free jar to put my detached testes in, I’ll order it! 😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

New (to me) 1996 Sadowsky NYC Modern 5! Currently outfitted with Seymour Duncan / Fodera ‘NYC’ pickups and a Glockenklang 2-band pre. There was some discolouration and screw hole repair damage from a previous pickguard, so I made and installed a pickguard to cover it up and I think it looks way better (before and after photos in the post). Run passive here, outer coils selected, blended towards neck, tone flat.

It also came with the original EMG 40Js and the Sadowsky pre, which might find its way in again at some point. I have to say it already sounds great as it is.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ezbass said:

With those pickups, you have a Roger meets Vinny; that truly is an NYC bass. What's the bridge on that BTW?

Nice groove too.

It’s an Omega. I’ve never been a fan of the Badass bridge look, but I’m going to live with the bass as it is for a while and see how I gel with it before I start spending money on mods. If I really love it, I might get it refinished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therealting said:

New (to me) 1996 Sadowsky NYC Modern 5! Currently outfitted with Seymour Duncan / Fodera ‘NYC’ pickups and a Glockenklang 2-band pre.

Good move. Very nice sounding bass.