Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

8 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Has she remortgaged the house? 😉 

Seriously, nice call. What spec? I bought my custom Alembic for my 40th, but sadly had to sell a few years later due to the weight; couldn’t play it seated because it was a Triple Omega. 

My other half wouldn’t put the money aside for a Kay, she’d never dream of getting me a bass or guitar. Why do I need more than one? 🙄

Well it’ll be a mk1 shape, flamed sycamore top. Possibly stained in a stonewashed blue - PRS did a nice CU22 in that finish and promised myself a bass in that finish.

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Well it’ll be a mk1 shape, flamed sycamore top. Possibly stained in a stonewashed blue - PRS did a nice CU22 in that finish and promised myself a bass in that finish.

Nice. The flamed sycamore looks great, and like you, I’m a big fan of blue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2020 at 14:05, RichValentine said:

IMG_20200330_140127.thumb.jpg.4fbacf618245e71d68c48f539d8fe1fc.jpg

Also cough. 

The only 4 string I'll ever need. NYC Will Lee. The longer I've had it the more I love it. The Will Lee switch adds a lot of extra mid punch and tonal options to the bass. 

And now for sale! :( 

It is indeed the only 4 string I would need but not sure I'll be playing 4 strings anymore... If it had 5 strings I'd be keeping it. I don't need to sell it so if I don't get what I'm after for it then I'll hold on to it. It is a stunning bass but I've not picked it up since getting the 5 string. 

Edited by RichValentine

2 hours ago, RichValentine said:

It is indeed the only 4 string I would need but not sure I'll be playing 4 strings anymore... If it had 5 strings I'd be keeping it. I don't need to sell it so if I don't get what I'm after for it then I'll hold on to it. It is a stunning bass but I've not picked it up since getting the 5 string. 

What 5 string did you go for - also a Sad? 

Ah yes, you bought that lovely Xotic in the FS - I've seen your NBD post.

That's a quick decision to jump from 4 to "permanently" 5 then! I seem to recall that Luke was heading in the opposite direction after his first foray into 5 strings. You've clearly taken to it like a duck to water! 

9 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ah yes, you bought that lovely Xotic in the FS - I've seen your NBD post.

That's a quick decision to jump from 4 to "permanently" 5 then! I seem to recall that Luke was heading in the opposite direction after his first foray into 5 strings. You've clearly taken to it like a duck to water! 

Wow @RichValentine - you only posted your nbd post a week ago - that’s very fast!

I waited three months before I started to ask questions about my thinking about 4 and 5 strings... and I still don’t know what I think! I picked it up at home v quick - but playing live felt v different. Maybe it just exposed my lack of skill and abillity?

That said if I didn’t already have a 4 string will Lee (metro) I probably would have been asking if you wanted to trade! 

3 minutes ago, RichValentine said:

Couldn't do it in the end so holding on to my Will Lee. Still the best 4 string I've ever played and would regret it if I sold it!  I'll bring it to a south east/London bash some time!

Good man!