Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

1 minute ago, chris_b said:

I wonder if we'll get Hans-Peter Wilfer jumping in and offering to help like that?

🤔

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Ha. 🤔

GAH! Beat me to it.

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I wonder if we'll get Hans-Peter Wilfer jumping in and offering to help like that?

Of course you will...

Roger: “I would love to sell you a pick guard, it will be a $35 and international shipping is $20. Sorry but you’ll get charged import duty too.”

Hans: “I would love to sell you a pick guard, our made in China range cost €80 each, our made in Germany range costs €120 each, and our master built made in Germany range costs €240 each except for the tort which is €250. Postage on all of them is €32.”

• Haha 3

I had a bad time with Sadowsky pickguard for a Metro. They sent me two from different batches direct from NYC and they just didn't fit. Nothing on the NYC guys, they explained that the fit is "very different" to the US models, and the design has changed over the years. So unless your Metro matches the stock they have, it could be WAY off, size wise. 

To their credit, they refunded all costs, and were extremely helpful, but be aware before paying any hefty shipping fees. 

14 minutes ago, M@23 said:

I had a bad time with Sadowsky pickguard for a Metro. They sent me two from different batches direct from NYC and they just didn't fit. Nothing on the NYC guys, they explained that the fit is "very different" to the US models, and the design has changed over the years. So unless your Metro matches the stock they have, it could be WAY off, size wise. 

To their credit, they refunded all costs, and were extremely helpful, but be aware before paying any hefty shipping fees. 

Will see - my two are the last batch, so hopefully any leftover stock would be more recent.

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

My new mate Rog (he likes it when I call him that)...

Just casually exchanging e-mails, discussing favourite ice cream flavours etc.

He’s coming for a brew when all this lockdown business is over...

70A55936-C775-4AD7-88EB-C38389B9344C.jpeg

Have you had the FB friend add? I felt almost like I’d been knighted within the realms of Sadowskydom when that friend request popped up! 🙇🏼‍♂️🗡 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TJ Spicer said:

Have you had the FB friend add? I felt almost like I’d been knighted within the realms of Sadowskydom when that friend request popped up! 🙇🏼‍♂️🗡 

We’ll see...I’ve effectively got £5000 worth of his gear. Maybe he will soon...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

We’ll see...I’ve effectively got £5000 worth of his gear. Maybe he will soon...

It was after going to the shop to choose these for a custom build, just before the shop had to close for the virus. Whether this build will now happen, and if so, when, remains to be seen! 😢

3ED9E3E6-124A-4644-9940-2A1C1E19BE75.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/04/2020 at 19:53, TJ Spicer said:

It was after going to the shop to choose these for a custom build, just before the shop had to close for the virus. Whether this build will now happen, and if so, when, remains to be seen! 😢

3ED9E3E6-124A-4644-9940-2A1C1E19BE75.jpeg

Is this fella staring at us out of the grain, or am I imagining it?

965BD6C6-AB01-47E1-8454-1428897A9CCE.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've found a nice Sadowsky decal and my Sire has promised not to tell if I don't when we start gigging again.

Besides Andy will shortly be onto Wals, no doubt one he accidentally gets in a trade for a couple of Sads...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've found a nice Sadowsky decal and my Sire has promised not to tell if I don't when we start gigging again.

Besides Andy will shortly be onto Wals, no doubt one he accidentally gets in a trade for a couple of Sads...

Wal for my 40th, Jenny already has the money put away. Order goes in in 2 years time x

• Like 1