Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

@Al Krow have you not seen this yet?

On 09/03/2020 at 18:02, Maxlo said:

I sell SADOWSKY GUITARS METRO PJ5 practically new, still has the original strings, the bass is beautiful and sounds great but I am not at all with the 5 strings! bought 6 months ago at Your Music historic shop in Rome.clearly equipped with original case, do not hesitate to ask for any clarification, sorry but NOT TRADE

THANKS

35918df0-5c5a-47ea-ad5d-d344c1a4b39f.JPG

b1c4bdad-2c5e-493a-acd2-7053d11cc88e.JPG

e5808fd5-9e9f-48fa-8c50-9e324f86d01f.JPG

ffc133f4-21d4-4319-a54a-d51121b5cb60.JPG

just sayin...

2 hours ago, TJ Spicer said:

I’m not sure what’s wrong with this one! They’ve had it for about 3+ years - at one point I was resigned to buying it and getting it refinished as sunburst just totally isn’t me. 😅

I think the pricing is odd there with the Sadowskys - like my will lee metro was originally in there priced at over £3k (no idea what the original purchaser paid)- but there’s a USA one there for £3.5k 

thing is unless you go in there for a Sadowsky I’m guessing most their customers don’t have that kind of money to drop on a bass - somewhere like bass direct a metro is kinda mid priced!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJ Spicer said:

There were 5+ years of searching involved in the acquisition of this Sadowsky, in this colour way, mind, so that rarity value must be accounted for 😉

I’m not sure what’s wrong with this one! They’ve had it for about 3+ years - at one point I was resigned to buying it and getting it refinished as sunburst just totally isn’t me. 😅

I VERY nearly did a deal on this one too, but in the end opted for an MV5. They were willing to move a bit on the price at the time, I don't remember what it was, but it was certainly a few hundred cheaper than it is now. My MV5 ticket was £2099 at that time. Surprised it's still there tbh... 

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, M@23 said:

I VERY nearly did a deal on this one too, but in the end opted for an MV5. They were willing to move a bit on the price at the time, I don't remember what it was, but it was certainly a few hundred cheaper than it is now. My MV5 ticket was £2099 at that time. Surprised it's still there tbh... 

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

*don't get GAS*

which one? 

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Not as much as he wants to scratch a sadowsky itch.

it’s all my fault 

Agreed. All, entirely, 100% no question.

Let the record state that, Andy T part time Sadowsky slapper, you have much GAS blood on your hands. This is not an isolated incident. The list of desperate individuals yearning for relief from the infliction on their bass-souls you have put upon them is ever growing...

😁

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Let the record state that, Andy T part time Sadowsky slapper, you have much GAS blood on your hands. This is not an isolated incident. The list of desperate individuals yearning for relief from the infliction on their bass-souls you have put upon them is ever growing...

😁

For the record my GAS is about 5-6 years old. Nothing new here 😂

21 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Let the record state that, Andy T FULL time Sadowsky slapper, you have much GAS blood on your hands. 

Fixed - Yamaha needs a fret dress.

2 Fully working Sadowsky basses are the option.

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Except I think that @M@23 may have gone in the other direction!

I did go the other direction! 

Both incredible, but the Yammy would win if I had to choose between them. Nothing in it with regards to craftsmanship. The Sadowsky did feel special and was SOLID, and Roger is great, but ultimately I sold it, because I didn't feel it offered anything more than my Sire, and I preffered the neck and feel of the Sire and the sound of it passive was exactly what I was after... Blasphemy, right. I mean, I'd love another, but a chance to sell it 2 years after purchase for exactly what I bought it for was too tempting. 

So many great basses, too little money, and I wanted to try the new BB's - as you know, if the BB had been lighter I'd never have sold it. 

The Sadowsky's recorded tone was like no other though, rounds or flats, what a tone. As a recording bass it did it all. 

Edited by M@23
  • Thanks 1

@M@23 - Mark, that is a really really helpful comparison, thank you. As one of the pro bass players I know on BC and someone who does 250+ gigs a year (when we're not in lockdown!) it's always good to get your balanced views - as your bass is your livelihood.

I note your very positive comments on the quality of the Sad as a recording bass - that ties in completely with what @TJ Spicer has been alluding to with the favourable reaction from his sound engineers. And obviously a ton of experienced bass players on this thread have been very complementary about the quality of the Sad sound in a band mix.

Did you have a Sad PJ or J bass, and out of interest which Sire model did /do you have?

• Like 1

These two, an MV5 and a Mk1 Sire V7. Don't get me wrong, the Sadowsky is a few steps ahead. But the 7.5" radius and 18mm spacing worked really well for me on the Sire. Objectively the Sadowsky was clearly better, but for me, at that time, not £1600 better. 

Screenshot_20200409_131842.jpg

Screenshot_20200409_131857.jpg

• Like 1

I play a Sadowsky NYC jazz, that I purchaesd in the U.S. some yrars ago when the dollar was alot weaker than it is now

A couple of years back, my guitar playing brother purchased a Sire V7 to use in his home studio. I called by one evening and had a play on his cheap as chips Sire. An incredible bass for the money.  The fit/ finish was excellent and the pre amp superb. I actually preferred the neck radius over the Sadowsky The only major draw back was the weight. Other than that, I would have had no issues with gigging the Sire.