Why become a member? Ɨ

I had Sadowsky GAS šŸ˜³ (formerly ā€œIā€™ve got...ā€)

bassfan

Right. Have figured out that the clicking is the WiFi router (about 3ft from my amp) will do in a different room next time.

Edit - this was also straight into the sonic port as the WiFi was doing something to the amp.

Realised that while doing this the wife was On a conference call over the internet and kids were watching Disney+ using the internet so no wonder itā€™s noisier...

will do something better tomorrowĀ 

Ā 

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

Just now, AndyTravis said:

In response to the previous video...

Iā€™ll do something less tasteless tomorrow - Iā€™ve drank wine now so...itā€™s a no go.

Even more reason to do a vid! šŸ˜‚Ā 

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Ok mate. Give me half an hour.

šŸ˜‚šŸ·šŸ·šŸ»šŸ„ƒ
Ā 

I bet p155ed you still sound better than me! šŸ˜‚Ā 

Edited by bassfan
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bassfan said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ·šŸ·šŸ»šŸ„ƒ
Ā 

I bet p155ed you still sound better than me! šŸ˜‚Ā 

Itā€™s uploading. Donā€™t count your chickens: this is half way through bottle 2. Iris has already done a better video and sheā€™s asleep (her 2nd Birthday tomorrow btw)

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Itā€™s uploading. Donā€™t count your chickens: this is half way through bottle 2. Iris has already done a better video and sheā€™s asleep (her 2nd Birthday tomorrow btw)

Happy birthday Iris šŸŽ‚

I got the Sadowsky "bug" after reading about "the sound" on many forums and then trying a Modern 5 whilst on holiday in the States. I came back and bought a pre-amp from doc40hz on here and put it in my Mayones Jabba. I happily kept it that way until I sold the bass (returned to stock) and got myself a MV5-24.

In the past I've had up to 11 basses at once including Warwick, Status, W&T, Schold, Roscoe etc all great but eventually sold on leaving me with my Smith, Ritter and Sadowsky. The Sadowsky has become my go-to bass as I find it easy to get pretty much any sound I want easily and quickly. It's shape and size fits me and is comfortable to play for extended periods. I find the "home practice level" sound to be good but improves once you start pushing some gig air. For me it just seems to sit in the mix and is clear without overpowering.

That said, my gassing for other basses has never really stopped and there are a few more basses I'd like to try šŸ˜ I've noticed that Sadowsky's in general are not a common sight and even rarer are Modern 5's coming up for sale......if anyone spots one..... šŸ˜‰šŸ‘šŸ˜

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 20:03, AndyTravis said:

Will get the kids showered and in pjā€™s then do a similar vid of the HPJ.

realistically though. Bottle 2 is calling.Ā 
Ā 

might be better if I got iris to do it...

9C7330FD-4F3B-4C25-A3CC-1DD866BCB736.jpeg

šŸ˜˜ Sweet šŸ¤—

Just found the Sad I want in the finish I'm after... trouble is Tyler beat me to it by 8 months! (Feel free to treat this as a wanted ad šŸ˜‰)

P tone at 04.00 sounds great - you've got a real treat @bassfanĀ incoming.

Ā 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@TJ SpicerĀ - you know that white Sad is going to end up in the Krow herd, just as your white BB NE2 has. No point fighting it mate...šŸ˜

You just need to convince him to swap it for your sunburst one!Ā 
Ā 

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/14121216484116-956332--sadowsky-metroline-rv5pj-59-burst-m10209

Haha! I am slightly GASing over the MTD Saratoga 5 at bass direct at the minute, and I do only have a 1 5 string PJ policy. However I think engineers atĀ the studios I record for might shoot me if I sold my PJ5. But, itā€™s all in the fingers,Ā right? šŸ˜…

1 minute ago, TJ Spicer said:

Haha! I am slightly GASing over the MTD Saratoga 5 at bass direct at the minute, and I do only have a 1 5 string PJ policy. However I think engineers atĀ the studios I record for might shoot me if I sold my PJ5. But, itā€™s all in the fingers,Ā right? šŸ˜…

I think a PJ5 and a JJ5 are a perfect combination.

22 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I think a PJ5 and a JJ5 are a perfect combination.

Gotta say JJ5s donā€™t really do it for me! I think itā€™s just quite widely done and I always like to be a little different. I always dig that bit of extra low-mid you get from the P in a PJ, even when theyā€™re equally balanced. My second 5 is an MTD AG5 USA which has rocketed up in my estimations since lockdown - hence the PJ Saratoga GAS šŸ˜…. Those asymmetrical necks are phenomenally comfortable.Ā 

1 hour ago, TJ Spicer said:

Yes, you're right! The MTD Saratoga 5 is a seriously much, much better bass in every possible way and it's really essentialĀ that you to stick to your one PJ5 policy.

I can recommend some decent life assurance to take care of that shooting risk you mentioned.

šŸ˜

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Yes, you're right! The MTD Saratoga 5 is a seriously much, much better bass in every possible way and it's really essentialĀ that you to stick to your one PJ5 policy.

I can recommend some decent life assurance to take care of that shooting risk you mentioned.

šŸ˜

There wereĀ 5+ years of searchingĀ involved in the acquisition of this Sadowsky, in thisĀ colour way,Ā mind, so that rarity value must be accounted for šŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

You just need to convince him to swap it for your sunburst one!Ā 
Ā 

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/14121216484116-956332--sadowsky-metroline-rv5pj-59-burst-m10209

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s wrong with this one!Ā Theyā€™ve had it for about 3+ years - at one point I was resigned to buying it and getting it refinished as sunburst just totally isnā€™t me. šŸ˜…