Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

22 minutes ago, E sharp said:

Been lusting over that for the last week. I'm on the lookout for a decent 5 string and if it was a PJ I'd have bought it in a heartbeat!

There is a nice natural Metro PJ 5 in the For Sale section (not mine).

Edited by RichValentine

26 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Go on.... find a 5er. You know you want one... 

Just need to find a 5er version of that white one you're currently looking at or a PJ version of Dave Swift's NYC in white (now that would be a find!). But they don't seem to be that common, so may need to wait a while for one to crawl out the woodwork as I did for the "horribly gold clad" Yammy (to quote a recent convert to the Sad brand).

And maybe it's my Yammy BB affliction, but there's just something decidedly reassuring about a PJ: you just know you have a "best of both worlds" set up at your finger tips.

Tbf I've recently acquired a very capable Sad clone of the white NYC PJ 5er I'm  GASing for and for  < £500! In the state of inebriation that most pub audiences are going to be in after the lockdown none of them will notice the difference. and my band mates certainly won't - lol! I;m just gonna have to commiserate with that until the real thing pops up...

7 minutes ago, RichValentine said:

Been lusting over that for the last week. I'm on the lookout for a decent 5 string and if it was a PJ I'd have bought it in a heartbeat!

There is a nice natural Metro PJ 5 in the For Sale section (not mine).

Ah I can see you and me are after the same bass! Dammit, it's now gonna take twice as long 😁

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Tbf I've recently acquired a very capable Sad clone of the white NYC PJ 5er I'm  GASing for and for  < £500! In the state of inebriation that most pub audiences are going to be in after the lockdown none of them will notice the difference. and my band mates certainly won't - lol! I;m just gonna have to commiserate with that until the real thing pops up...

So you’ll be getting one then... 😃👍🏻

I see that Sad are no longer taking orders for Metros, so a bit tricky to guage prices. Does anyone know what something like that Rome model would have been new?

Must admit if the key difference between the Metro and the NYC is just that the latter has a chambered body (anything else significant?) then that's not necessarily a minus in my books, just a difference. I'm guessing the solid body will have slightly greater sustain. 

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I see that Sad are no longer taking orders for Metros, so a bit tricky to guage prices. Does anyone know what something like that Rome model would have been new?

Must admit if the key difference between the Metro and the NYC is just that the latter has a chambered body (anything else significant?) then that's not necessarily a minus in my books, just a difference. I'm guessing the solid body will have slightly greater sustain. 

Guitar guitar still have existing Metroline stock. 

ready?

£2500-£2999

• Thanks 1

had a sadowsky MS5 before, (in fact, I think it is the one on the Gallery atm) and I will confirm that it really shines in a band situation. That Sadowsky running into a Jule Monique is one of the best bass tone I ever heard. 

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I have a chambered bodied NYC 5 with true single coils and solid body Metro with humcancelling pickups. Other than that they are ash body maple neck basses. 

The NYC to my ears is less ‘in your face’ and slightly more vintage voiced than the Metro. How much of that is the solid body and how much is the different pickups is up for debate. Both have good to great levels of sustain but not as much as graphite neck or neck through basses (the Vigiers I have out-sustain them).

The main difference is the extra string and that the NYC is silly levels of lightweight and has a bit more of a ‘wow’ factor in appearance. The Metro certainly doesn’t sound inferior, just a little bit different.

The Metro also has slightly chunkier frets, as my NYC has vintage type lower profile frets. Quality of the fretwork on the Metro is on par with the NYC though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Not talking about anything at the moment either - just a preset message.

Ah well. I’m sure I’ll hear back in good time.

Nice to get a response at all.

6B2F0829-8BBF-4E7A-B73B-489FA210346E.jpeg

What are you after pick guard wise? I went for tort on mine and it was a fraction of the cost to get bass doc make one over here. From memory with shipping and customs it ended. Up over £100 

About that “bedroom tone” - this is direct out of an amp, into a sonic port. Sounded crap when I played it back (I did this for @bassfan to show the VTC) - I played it back through studio monitors and it sounds lovely.

Looking forward to the studio time we had booked for this month, when it’s moved to whenever.

excuse playing - I’m 2/3 through a bottle of wine...

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Chap selling his lovely NYC P5 in the FS. 

Quite eye opening for me what he's willing to consider in trade!

It's clearly true that the bass isn't always greener on the other side... 

Do a trade...it’s gorgeous that bass. If it was a 4 I wouldn’t have bought my HPJ.

12 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

What are you after pick guard wise? I went for tort on mine and it was a fraction of the cost to get bass doc make one over here. From memory with shipping and customs it ended. Up over £100 

Bass doc did my BB. Might give him a shout.

361BECDE-2FC6-436A-9087-269FAD9585EE.thumb.jpeg.7cf896781b6521ce4748925714efe1ac.jpeg

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Do a trade...it’s gorgeous that bass. If it was a 4 I wouldn’t have bought my HPJ.

I'm gonna give @bassfan's new Sad a spin when this lock-down malarky is done and, if it turns out to be nicer than his Status, then...

But that one is solo P; I'm a died in the wool PJ man these days (you can blame Yammy for twisting my view of life!).

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm gonna give @bassfan's new Sad a spin when this lock-down malarky is done and, if it turns out to be nicer than his Status, then...

But that one is solo P; I'm a died in the wool PJ man these days (you can blame Yammy for twisting my view of life!).

I haven’t got one yet!!! 

nice PJ in Rome mate 😃👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Will get the kids showered and in pj’s then do a similar vid of the HPJ.

realistically though. Bottle 2 is calling. 

might be better if I got iris to do it...

9C7330FD-4F3B-4C25-A3CC-1DD866BCB736.jpeg

• Like 4