Why become a member? ×

I had Sadowsky GAS 😳 (formerly “I’ve got...”)

bassfan

14 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Is it law that all sadowsky owners must be greedy and own 2?! 😂 

Love the white one! HPJ?

@therealting what are they?

Yup, the NYC has P/J configuration, the Metroline normal J/J.

I actually used to have an NYC S-type too. Got stolen when my house got burgled, sadly, along with my Dingwall Super J, Bravewood 56P and Godin MultiAc Nylon SA. Here’s a photo from the day I bought it. 

26CAD321-7E91-490F-9A0F-83EC39253BD8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, therealting said:

Yup, the NYC has P/J configuration, the Metroline normal J/J.

I actually used to have an NYC S-type too. Got stolen when my house got burgled, sadly, along with my Dingwall Super J, Bravewood 56P and Godin MultiAc Nylon SA. Here’s a photo from the day I bought it. 

26CAD321-7E91-490F-9A0F-83EC39253BD8.jpeg

Is the man himself as lovely as I imagine?

been a sadowsky nut since seeing Jason Newsted with one in kerrang! Magazine 

24 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Is it law that all sadowsky owners must be greedy and own 2?! 😂 

Love the white one! HPJ?

@therealting what are they?

Another sucker for white basses, and with bassfan in taking a shine to that PJ4...

I've got two white Yammys...but that just doesn't have the same cache as two Sadowskys does it?! Fortunately I've not seen a white Sad PJ5 posted on this thread yet!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Another sucker for white basses, and with bassfan in taking a shine to that PJ4...

I've got two white Yammys...but that just doesn't have the same cache as two Sadowskys does it?! Fortunately I've not seen a white Sad PJ5 posted on this thread yet!

And I really like one of those yammys as you well know, but it’s got the unnecessary extra string 😂

Just now, Al Krow said:

I really do think it helps having an extra string to your bow.

They make for really good thumb rests, as you know.

I've got myself blood*y scouring the web for white Sad PJ5s now...

Good luck! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

1 minute ago, therealting said:

@Al Krow Yeah, but the BBNE2 is just one of the greatest basses ever. 

Dammit, that's TWO of my basses that have been given that accolade on this thread! Gotta be a conspiracy!! 

This is (i) gonna go to my head (ii) make me realise pretty damn quick that it's not my basses that are the cause of what my bass playing sounds like (must be the rest of my rig, right?), and (iii) make it really hard to justify ever getting that Sad NYC PJ5...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Dammit, that's TWO of my basses that have been given that accolade on this thread! Gotta be a conspiracy!! 

This is (i) gonna go to my head (ii) make me realise pretty damn quick that it's not my basses that are the cause of what my bass playing sounds like (must be the rest of my rig, right?), and (iii) make it really hard to justify ever getting that Sad NYC PJ5...

You know you’d buy it if it came up for sale! 😃

in a heart beat..... 

Edited by bassfan

5 minutes ago, bassfan said:

You know you’d buy it if it came up for sale! 😃

Yeah...there was a reason for my caption before the pic!

@therealting you could really hear that Sad sing in that clip you posted. A really (unhelpfully!) good tone. Starting to get a sense of what all the fuss @AndyTravis (another Yammy lover) is making about his Sad...

Edited by Al Krow

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@therealting you could really hear that Sad sing in that clip you posted. A really (unhelpfully!) good tone. Starting to get a sense of what all the fuss @AndyTravis (another Yammy lover) is making about his Sad...

Too true, but you really have to hear a Sadowsky in a mix to appreciate just how good it is. 

On 04/08/2019 at 13:41, Al Krow said:

You are being entirely reasonable, as always. But tbf what he actually said was that [Sads are] "Not one for the bedroom bassist..."

I take that to mean he thinks Sads are not a suitable bass if you're not in a band and just want to play it at home. I just find that hard to believe. 

At low volume the scooped sound is pleasing but scooped sound with bands struggles to cut in the mix  can sound muddy and incoherent unless slapping. with Sadowsky just crank Bass and Treble at 'Bedroom Levels' and it will have a more Bedroom /pleasing sound. In live gig situation leave it closer to flat so mids are prominent in mix. May sound to middy where you stand [or in Bedroom] but the audience will hear a more balanced and coherent tone and the reason Sadowsky's are so popular in 'Boutique' Bass Land. Lots of Amps, Basses, Strings have built in Scoop for point of sale purpose, why many have learned to crank mids live those who haven't learned have one note tone sent to audience. Go listen for yourself

19 hours ago, therealting said:

There you go, see what you think of the different strings on this baby.

@AndyTravis He was such a gent, even signed and set up the guitar for me.

@Al Krow Yeah, but the BBNE2 is just one of the greatest basses ever. 

I think I preferred the DR strings, but to be honest I'm listening on laptop so not the best comparison... but more importantly - is that a guitar stand built into a bookcase? genius if so.

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Dammit the OP is not helping my Sad GAS by managing to sell a bass and thereby putting himself in funds to get one and then asking my opinion on which one to get. 

Just plain rude, if you ask me. 

😁

Go on.... find a 5er. You know you want one... 

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Dammit the OP is not helping my Sad GAS by managing to sell a bass and thereby putting himself in funds to get one and then asking my opinion on which one to get. 

Just plain rude, if you ask me. 

😁

It’s the worst time too. Buy one of the last line of Japanese Metros, wait for the first line of Warwick made Metros or make the plunge for an NYC while Roger Sadowsky is still actively making instruments? Choices, choices, choices.

1 minute ago, thodrik said:

It’s the worst time too. Buy one of the last line of Japanese Metros, wait for the first line of Warwick made Metros or make the plunge for an NYC while Roger Sadowsky is still actively making instruments? Choices, choices, choices.

And lockdown is NOT helping😂