Why become a member? ×

Shimmer 'verb recommendations please

visog

Basschatters,

Please can I get your recommendations to shimmer-up my shizzle. My start-point is Neunaber's Immerse v1/v2 which is the nuclear option but would like to hear other suggestions to explore too. 

That is very helpful thank-you. Something to explore on my GT-1B multi-effects... Oh wait, what about polyphony for chords?... Tricky. Anyway, keep the suggestions coming... TC Electronics Florescence looming large in my research.

Edited by visog

I've not heard a shimmer done as well as the Neunaber stuff. Sounds more complex and ethereal than most, without being shrill or having any glitchy artifacts. Bear in mind that they have quite a few pedals that can do shimmer, such as the Wet reverb, plus many of the pedals can be re-programmed to be a totally different pedal. So if you see their chorus cheap on eBay for example, you can hook it up to a computer and turn it into a reverb pedal.

I have the Neunaber Slate which means I can load any of their FXs into it. It goes without saying it shimmers like moonlight on a lake. It does lovely things on bowed Double Bass. But the ExP pedal extra bit enables you to have 4 different Neunaber pedal with 2 versions of each. I keep thinking of shifting it and going Mutli FX but it does make a lovely noise. The chorus is lush as well. 

10 hours ago, BassThing said:

I like the shimmer on the RV6, never tried it or heard it on bass though.

Bass demo here: 

Some nice reverbs but the shimmer sounds a bit metallic? I aiming for a softer pad sound but I'm sensing you can only achieve that on the expensive units...