Why become a member? ×

It never ends...£600 burning a hole!!

lou24d53

Just sold my Lakland Decade I had listed on here, literally just been collected by courier, now off to Finland.

I sold it as it has been hanging around my bass room...and whilst looking sexy and majestic, the fact remains it had been unplayed for a while as I've been using my US P Standard and have recently fell back in "love"..(erm?!)...with my Lakland JO Dudepit Jazz.

Anyway, as per the usual, I sold it as I was planning on thinning the herd, which was at FIVE until April and is now currently down to THREE as of this morning. Thing is, I'm currently in the middle of a Custom 54P build, but all parts are already ordered and already fully bought and paid for, with the accumulated credit card now cleared as well.

And now I have approx £600 sitting in my bank account currently burning a hole in my pocket.........

Does it ever end....?!!

Edited by lou24d53

It's all inescapable! Five or six weeks ago I said to my wife and best friend, "I'm sorted now don't need any more basses and  love what I have". A couple of days later I saw a (unique) bass advertised which I had coveted for many years and actually tried five years ago in a music shop. I couldn't afford it then but I can now! So much for good intention, deposit put down, coincidentally the asking price Was £600.

• Haha 1

Well, I found a use for half of it...long story...

Family was away for a long weekend, 14 of us in a big house in Troon, South Ayrshire, as my brother in law over from Oz and it was the wee boys 2nd birthday on Saturday, so a full day of presents, cards, cake, drink etc...

We got packed up yesterday and drove home, getting everything unpacked and opened up all the wee boys cards which hadn't been touched since Saturday afternoon...only to find around £300 of birthday money given to the wee boy was missing, completely disappeared into thin air...

After chatting with family, we now strongly suspect that the rental house we were in has been burgled as the wife's sister said she heard a bang in the middle of the night, like a door shut, but thought someone was up at the loo or kitchen, also bro-in-law saw a guy running about the street outside on a bike late at night, thought it strange at the time, but never mentioned to anyone...

We've logged a police report and they're coming out tomorrow morning to take statements and I've filed a travel insurance claim, but I'm highly doubtful of getting anything back, as we've no way of proving the amount, nor can we actually prove the theft.

There was no broken glass, damaged doors etc., no obvious point of entry. We are suspecting that the house would be known in the area as a holiday rental and that it could then be a copied key that's been used to enter.

It all sounds a bit far fetched, but there's too many people in the house for no-one to have heard any forced entry.

Anyway, upshot is I'm not having my wee boy lose out on some scumbag bastard stealing from a two year old...!!

Edited by lou24d53
  • Like 2